Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors.
Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world’s markets and economies work — using cutting edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles.
Founded in 1975, we are a community of independent thinkers who share a commitment for excellence. By fostering a culture of openness, transparency, and inclusion, we strive to unlock the most complex questions in investment strategy, management, and corporate culture.
Bridgewater’s unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other’s logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Within this culture, Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority because it is essential to finding the best talent in the world, enabling our idea meritocracy, and creating an environment where all types of people can thrive. We have a full-time team as well as affinity networks that work on these issues - If you would like to learn more, please let your Bridgewater recruiter know.
About the Security Department
The Security Department’s mission is to protect Bridgewater. We secure the investment engine, which manages assets for global institutional clients, as well as all other business operations. We constantly evolve our cyber, physical, and staff security practices to meet the business needs and stay ahead of the changing threat landscape.
About Your Role
The Business Information Security Associate (BISA) is a key component of Bridgewater's strategy of forward-deploying security directly into the business. The BISA is an individual contributor role that acts as a key interface between security and other departments, and is charged with understanding, communicating, and mitigating the security risks of one or more Bridgewater departments. This role demands a broad understanding of security risk analysis and audit, security controls across physical, staff, tech, and business domains, as well as security operations and management. This role offers a unique opportunity for a dynamic, independent individual to help Bridgewater build and run a world class security program.
You will drive the following responsibilities:
- Act as a security liaison between the Security Team and one or more Bridgewater departments
- Understand and communicate the security risk of each of those departments in depth
- Educate and help departments adjudicate security risk on a daily basis
- Lead projects that improve security controls related to both security department objectives and major new business initiatives
- Ensure key controls are in place and operational
- Provide departments with security tools, resources, and training
- Ideally 3-6 years in Information Security, Audit, or Operations. A background in consulting or financial services is a plus.
- Knowledge of fundamental security principles, risk management, security controls (across physical cyber and staff areas), process control/improvement, DR/BCP, regulatory compliance.
- Some experience implementing information security and risk management frameworks at department and enterprise levels.
- Experience driving projects in collaboration with multiple cross-functional stakeholders.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and synthesize findings at both strategic and tactical levels.
- CISSP, CISM, or CISA certification is a plus but not required
For most of our roles, Bridgewater offers remote work flexibility, with most employees required to work on campus as their principal work location, a minimum of two days (and in some cases three days) per week with the option to work offsite on other days.
Why Choose Bridgewater?
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
In this role, you will grow with us by:
- Undergoing a training program of structured classes and on-the-job apprenticeship.
- Taking ownership of increasingly complex systems and processes.
- Taking on oversight and mentorship responsibilities to grow talent as you gain experience.
- Opportunities to grow your career across Bridgewater depending on your strengths, weaknesses, and experience.
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks, and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
- For a full list of Bridgewater benefits, click here
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer