Investment Engine Technology Department
The Investment Engine Technology team at Bridgewater engineers systems to understand the world. These systems synthesize and industrialize our global understanding into a hive mind of macroeconomic knowledge which enables us to educate and collaborate with the world’s most influential central banks and policy makers and carefully and strategically manage the world’s most important capital. Our technologists are engineering highly available, high performing and highly secure cloud platforms and infrastructure which support and scale our investing operations.
Critical Infrastructure Team
Our Critical Infrastructure team provides the core, hybrid-cloud infrastructure technology to enable our Investment Engine business goals and entire company operations. The team is made up of Architects, Engineers and DevOps teams who are building and running all our infrastructure platforms including Cloud Solutions, Physical Data Centers, Networking, Security, Storage, Operating Systems, Databases, and Middleware.
The Network Security Operations Engineer is responsible for supporting, maintaining, and evolving the network infrastructure. You will be responsible for network access controls and proxys, firewalls, external data communications, security infrastructure, network and wireless infrastructure and network analysis tools. You strive to continually improve processes and network infrastructure and will be operating network services in accordance with business needs, priorities and SLAs, executing network infrastructure configuration, deployment, support and management, resolving incidents as a hands-on expert, delivering and reporting on capacity, performance and SLA metrics, mitigating risks and ensuring service availability, assessing, communicating and prioritizing operational risks to network services and operating in a 24x7 rotating support of the network architecture.
- Five or more years of enterprise Network Administration experience
- Deep and rich understanding of network theory at both the micro and macro level – protocols, applications, topologies
- Strong networking background with good breadth of knowledge across other IT domains (security, platform, storage)
- Broad experience with Cisco network technologies
- Deep understanding of Network Access Controls, 802.1x, authentication and authorization policy management
- Experience managing security devices including layer 4 and layer 7 firewalls, TACACS/Radius, VPN
- Experience managing network proxy platforms such as Forcepoint, Blue Coat Systems and Zscaler
- Understanding of CASB solutions
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred: Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP Security, CCIE), Security certification (CEH, CISSP, GIAC), F5 BigIP, DNS, Firewalls including Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Cisco ISE
- Preferred: Financial industry experience
- Preferred: Experience with Python and Ansible
Bridgewater Associates Company Overview
Bridgewater Associates is a global leader in institutional portfolio management and the world’s largest and most successful hedge fund. Based in Westport, Connecticut, Bridgewater manages more than $160 billion in assets for approximately 300 of the world’s most sophisticated institutional investors, including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, foreign governments, and central banks. Bridgewater’s unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other’s logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships.
Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including health insurance with 100% premium covered, 401(k) plan with generous employer match, fully paid parental leave, a competitive PTO package, workplace flexibility (and access to back up childcare), daily transportation from and to NYC, workplace wellness including on-site gyms, free meals, healthy snacks, and meditation rooms, and an engaged and active community that includes company events, affinity networks and extracurricular interest groups.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.