Bridgewater Associates is a global leader in institutional portfolio management and the world’s largest and most successful hedge fund. At Bridgewater Associates, we are focused on having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into expertly constructed portfolios and meaningful relationships with institutional clients. Our track record of success for more than 40 years is grounded in our distinct culture, which brings together great people and enables them to operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency.
Based in Westport, Connecticut, Bridgewater manages more than $160 billion in assets for approximately 300 of the world’s most sophisticated institutional investors, including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, foreign governments, and central banks.
Bridgewater’s unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other’s logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Within this culture, Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority because it is essential to finding the best talent in the world, enabling our idea meritocracy, and creating an environment where all types of people can thrive. We have a full-time team as well as affinity networks that work on these issues - If you would like to learn more, please let your Bridgewater recruiter know.
About the Legal & Regulatory Group
The Legal & Regulatory Group is responsible for partnering with Bridgewater businesses to protect the legal and regulatory interests of Bridgewater and its clients, manage legal risk and to ensure that employees act in accordance with the highest legal and ethical standards. Our group maintains in-house expertise in many areas, including corporate, investment management, private funds, intellectual property, employment and commercial law and compliance. The team works closely with a broad range of departments within the firm and manages active relationships with external counsel.
About the Team: Legal & Regulatory’ s Operations Pillar
Under the leadership of their Senior Management Associate and Chief Operating Officer, the Operations Pillar provides critical support to the Legal & Regulatory Group on all strategic and business-related initiatives and activities including department strategic planning, vendor management, project management, financial planning and reporting, etc.
About the Role
As a member of the LRG Operations Pillar, the MSA will be responsible for both the day-to-day operations of the business as well as the design and delivery of strategic initiatives. This role provides the opportunity to build both a general manager and project manager skillset and good exposure to a number of teams across the enterprise including; Finance, Tech, Client Service, HR, etc. To be successful in this role the candidate should be a great problem solver, client service oriented with outstanding communication and analytical skills, and committed to delivering quality results against tight deadlines.
You will drive the following responsibilities:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with management and business stakeholders in support of department’s goals and strategic initiatives
- Own and lead a portfolio of projects across the business, clients, and our outsourced partners and ensure they are executed excellently
- Partner with both internal and external teams to resolve issues and propose solutions to management
- Create and improve metrics and other management reporting to track and identify business performance and risk
- Develop and implement process improvements to meet business goals and needs
- Be a carrier of Bridgewater’s culture and participate in the team’s vision, plans and priorities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical support roles, project or program management, business analysis, or strategy consulting
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate/manage projects working with internal and external resources
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical and logical with the ability to independently perceive and resolves issues on behalf of business stakeholders
- Strong process orientation including ability to manage/prioritize multiple work streams and stay calm and effective under pressure
- Holds a high degree of personal responsibility and ownership
Why Choose Bridgewater?
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
In this role, you will grow with us by:
- Taking ownership of increasingly complex systems and processes.
- Opportunities to grow your career across Bridgewater depending on your strengths, weaknesses, and experience.
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks , and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer