Bridgewater Associates is a global leader in institutional portfolio management and the world’s largest and most successful hedge fund. At Bridgewater Associates, we are focused on having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into expertly constructed portfolios and meaningful relationships with institutional clients. Our track record of success for more than 40 years is grounded in our distinct culture, which brings together great people and enables them to operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency.
Based in Westport, Connecticut, Bridgewater manages more than $160 billion in assets for approximately 300 of the world’s most sophisticated institutional investors, including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, foreign governments, and central banks
Bridgewater’s unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other’s logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Within this culture, Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority because it is essential to finding the best talent in the world, enabling our idea meritocracy, and creating an environment where all types of people can thrive. We have a full-time team as well as affinity networks that work on these issues - If you would like to learn more, please let your Bridgewater recruiter know.
Real Estate & Facilities (REF) Department Overview:
We aim to curate environments that reflect the high standards Bridgewater investments strive for every day. We ensure that our community and visitors have an exceptional experience by strategically crafting our properties and work spaces. Hospitality, customer service and real estate are key differentiators in our market, and we make it our mission to place focus and attention on the profound impact they have on our business.
About Your Role:
We are seeking a highly professional and outgoing teammate with common sense who has an affinity to provide customer service at the highest standards while continually searching for ways to improve. The Reception Team has the distinct responsibility of acting as the face of the company by screening all incoming calls to the main line, greeting everyone who walks into our lobbies, and serving as a central resource of information and assistance to employees across the firm. The team is the first line of security for visitors entering the building and operating consistently with access control policies. An ideal candidate is open to working a structured schedule, flexible to working at different sites, and thrives in a fast paced and high-energy work environment.
You will drive the following Responsibilities:
- Answer and direct all internal and external calls that flow through reception
- Monitor all guest arrival and departures while ensuring an excellent guest experience
- Be a central information resource to the firm and provide concierge services
- Partner with security team to ensure all guests and employees align with security policies
- Work on projects that advance the goals of the team and department
- Strong customer service focus and passion
- Common sense thinker who can apply sound judgment in new or ambiguous situations
- Highly organized and effective multi-tasker in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of composure and social skills
- Professional and empathetic
- Ability to assess and recommend process improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Open-minded, questioning, and reflective, someone who is comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook; Excel; Word) and a general affinity to learn new software tools
- Relevant work experience and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
Why Choose Bridgewater?
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Daily transportation from and to NYC
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks, and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
- And more
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations. This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer