Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Human Resources Department Overview:
The HR Department started to move from a renovation to a transformative phase by a continued focus on operational excellence and providing value to the customer. The demand for services provided by Human Resources has grown with the rapid growth of the company as a whole. Today, Human Resources services span the gamut between providing basic information to employees regarding policies to partnering with managers to think through human capital implications. Through focused and interdepartmental initiatives, the Human Resources Department has moved towards automation and centralization of transactional work to create efficiencies and to raise the level of service offered to the enterprise as a whole.
We are currently seeking an exceptional HR/ER Business Partner to join our Employee Relations team. The candidate should be client-service oriented with the maturity and initiative required to develop strategic relationships. This individual will be responsible for providing excellent thought partnership to managers and employees through both HR Business Partner and Employee Relations responsibilities, with an emphasis on protecting Bridgewater, ensuring managers have the human capital information required to make good business decisions and ensuring employees have an experience consistent with our Principles. Reporting to the Head of Employee Relations, the selected candidate will be handling a client population of between 350-500 employees.
In this role, Senior Business Partners will partner directly with some of our most senior leaders across the company to ensure that these goals are achieved excellently. They will work with some of the most sensitive and complex employee issues and be expected to problem solve, think independently and help ensure risks are appropriately considered and mitigated.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Understanding the business and providing thought partnership to managers on human capital needs, HR policies and processes, talent planning and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Mitigating legal risk and ensuring adherence to regulatory compliance and Bridgewater policies by recommending appropriate action in response to performance and employee relations issues (e.g., sexual harassment, ADA, FMLA, disciplinary action)
- Forming strong partnerships with internal and external employment counsel and the company’s general counsel
- Ensuring managers are up to speed on critical employment law and employee relations policies/practices
- Maintaining a pulse on the morale and challenges of employees within their client groups
- Providing a synthesized overview of human capital issues/trends and providing thought partnership on optimal ways of addressing them
- Providing guidance and resources/tools pertaining to human capital management
- Collaborating with HR functional partners to execute human resources strategies to enable business objectives and support future business initiatives
- Analyzing trends and metrics, collaborates with HR functional experts to identify problems, develop solutions, make recommendations and drive change
- 8+ years of relevant Human Business Partner experience in a team-oriented, high-intensity and dynamic environment
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential issues in a mature manner while demonstrating high levels of discretion, empathy and composure
- Goal-oriented, common sense approach to problem solving and prioritization; comfortable operating with ambiguity
- Able to understand and apply the philosophy of Bridgewater along with solid judgment when communicating and making decisions
- Flexible, positive and open-minded; comfortable giving and receiving direct feedback and willing to hold people accountable at all levels
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.