Investment Engine Technology Department
The Investment Engine Technology team at Bridgewater engineers systems to understand the world. These systems synthesize and industrialize our global understanding into a hive mind of macroeconomic knowledge which enables us to educate and collaborate with the world’s most influential central banks and policy makers and carefully and strategically manage the world’s most important capital. Our technologists are engineering highly available, high performing and highly secure cloud platforms and infrastructure which support and scale our investing operations.
Critical Infrastructure Team
Our Critical Infrastructure team provides the core, hybrid-cloud infrastructure technology to enable our Investment Engine business goals and entire company operations. The team is made up of Architects, Engineers and DevOps teams who are building and running all our infrastructure platforms including Cloud Solutions, Physical Data Centers, Networking, Security, Storage, Operating Systems, Databases, and Middleware.
The Network Operations Engineer is responsible for supporting, maintaining, and evolving the network infrastructure. You will be responsible for external data communications, security infrastructure, network and wireless infrastructure and network analysis tools. You strive to continually improve processes and network infrastructure and will be operating network services in accordance with business needs, priorities and SLAs, executing network infrastructure configuration, deployment, support and management, resolving incidents as a hands-on expert, delivering and reporting on capacity, performance and SLA metrics, mitigating risks and ensuring service availability, assessing, communicating and prioritizing operational risks to network services and operating in a 24x7 rotating support of the network architecture.
- Five or more years of enterprise Network Administration experience
- Deep and rich understanding of network theory at both the micro and macro level – protocols, applications, topologies
- Strong networking background with good breadth of knowledge across other IT domains (security, platform, storage)
- Broad experience with Cisco network technologies
- Understands and is capable of applying network design and configuration best practices
- Deep understanding of routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP) and common topologies
- Experience managing security devices including firewalls, TACACS/Radius, VPN
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred: Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), Security certification(s), F5 BigIP, DNS, Layer 7 Firewalls including Cisco ASA & Palo Alto, network proxy platforms (Forcepoint, Blue Coat, Zscaler), CASB controls and Azure/AWS networking technologies
- Preferred: Financial industry experience
- Preferred: Experience with Python and Ansible
Bridgewater Associates Company Overview
Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors. Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world’s markets and economies work — using cutting edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles.
Powering this engine requires a diverse community of investment professionals, technologists, managers and other specialists. The firm attracts independent thinkers who share a commitment to achieving excellence in their respective lines of work and operating in our unique culture. Bridgewater was founded in 1975 and its principal offices are located in Westport, CT — an hour outside New York City.
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including health insurance with 100% premium coverage, a 401(k) plan with generous employer match, fully paid parental leave, a competitive PTO package, workplace flexibility, adoption and egg-freezing assistance, wellness offerings such as on-site gyms, free meals, healthy snacks, and meditation rooms, and an engaged and active community that includes company events, affinity networks and extracurricular interest groups.
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.