Bridgewater Associates is a global leader in institutional portfolio management and the world’s largest and most successful hedge fund. At Bridgewater Associates, we are focused on having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into expertly constructed portfolios and meaningful relationships with institutional clients. Our track record of success for more than 40 years is grounded in our distinct culture, which brings together great people and enables them to operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency.
Based in Westport, Connecticut, Bridgewater manages more than $160 billion in assets for approximately 300 of the world’s most sophisticated institutional investors, including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, foreign governments, and central banks.
Bridgewater’s unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other’s logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Within this culture, Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority because it is essential to finding the best talent in the world, enabling our idea meritocracy, and creating an environment where all types of people can thrive. We have a full-time team as well as affinity networks that work on these issues - If you would like to learn more, please let your recruiter know.
Key Departments Overview
Embedded within our Investment Engine, the Trading Information Security Advisor partners closely with our Security department.
The Investment Engine Implementation teams are responsible for accuracy, reliability and efficiency across signal generation, portfolio construction, and trading execution. The Signals Team is responsible for deeply understanding the data that flows from the outside world into Bridgewater's trading systems. Portfolio generation is responsible for translating our market view into optimal portfolios, while focusing on risk and diversification. Trading Execution is responsible for implementing BW's views of the world, while minimizing transaction costs and information leakage. Collectively, these teams are responsible for the day-to-day operations of Bridgewater's front office.
Our Security department is responsible for protecting Bridgewater’s people, culture, and ideas — specifically our Investment Engine, which manages over $160 billion in assets for institutional clients across the globe. We are implementing a three-pronged structure of staff, cyber, and physical security and investing in world-class practitioners and cutting-edge technology to help us hold the highest standards in the ever-changing threat landscape. We are committed to becoming the most innovative and formidable security team in the world.
The Trading Information Security Advisor is a key component of Bridgewater's strategy of forward-deploying security directly into the business. This individual will help shape how we understand, communicate, and mitigate the security risks of the Investment Engine teams, and includes understanding and managing the risks introduced by third parties. This role demands an understanding of security risk analysis and audit, security controls across physical, staff, tech, and business domains, as well as security operations and management. The ideal candidate will have broad capability across all of these areas, with emphasis in hands-on risk analysis and auditing of security controls and processes. This role offers a unique opportunity for a dynamic individual to help Bridgewater build and run an excellent security program.
- Act as a security liaison between the Security team and the Trading department.
- Understand and communicate the key security risks of the Investment Engine department and our vendors/counterparties.
- Audit Trading and vendors/counterparty policies, procedures, and controls that protect Bridgewater IP and trade data.
- Identify and drive initiatives to mitigate identified security deficiencies within Trading and at our vendors/counterparties.
- Ideally, 5-10 years of experience in security risk and/or internal audit in the financial services industry.
- A background in Information Security, Operations, or Audit/compliance with Banks, Prime Brokers, or Fund Administrators is also favorable.
- In depth knowledge of fundamental security principles, risk management, internal control principles, process control/improvement, risk, DR/BCP, security and regulatory compliance.
- Working knowledge of the global capital markets, products, processes, systems, regulations, and securities operations.
- Record of accomplishment successfully leading complex inter-departmental, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Strong business judgement and ability to effectively synthesize findings at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Ability to operate independently, manage milestones and deliverables, and hold others accountable to their commitments.
- Ability to capture, analyze, and maintain an accurate and complete account of information over time, draw meaningful conclusions and recommendations, and provide ongoing transparency to stakeholders.
- CISSP, CISM, or CISA certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of NIST 800-53 and ISO 27001/27002; Basel II, COSO, and/or ISO 31000 highly desired, but not required.
Why Choose Bridgewater?
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy; as such, currently our company offers a competitive portfolio of benefits, including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Daily transportation from and to NYC
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks , and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
- And more
- Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer