The Security Department’s mission is to protect Bridgewater. We secure the investment engine, which manages over $160 billion in assets for global institutional clients, as well as various business operations functions. We constantly evolve our cyber, physical, and staff security practices to meet the business needs and stay ahead of the changing threat landscape.
The Security Operations group manages the critical day-to-day functions that protect the company. The team prevents, detects, and responds to threats against Bridgewater’s assets and people. The controls engineering team builds and operates Security’s technology controls portfolio, including solutions to protect data, control access, manage endpoints, and secure the network.
What You’d be Doing
The Security Controls Operations Associate (Operator) ensures the protection of Bridgewater technology infrastructure and data assets through the life-cycle management of security controls. As a member of the Security Controls Operations Team you will manage the day to day operation of the organization’s security controls including:
- System / Service Status Monitoring,
- Responding to and resolving issues,
- Implementation of configuration changes leveraging appropriate change control procedures,
- Managing the full life-cycle of the controls including, tuning, patching, upgrades, control replacement and decommissioning.
- Collaboration with other technology and security teams and end-users to improve the effectiveness of services, resolve cross-discipline problems, and enhance the organization’s security posture.
- Continuously refining processes to improve operational efficiency and security.
The controls within the scope of this team include endpoint, transport, data and identity focused security controls.
You’d click for this role…
…If you’re knowledgeable in:
- Enterprise Infrastructure Technologies with an expertise in network and endpoint technologies and services.
- System / Services Monitoring – continuous system validation, identifying changes in status, responding to trend data
- Service Request Management - intake and triage of service requests
- Change Management – preparation, testing, validation / QC, scheduling coordination, CAB presentation and implementation
- System Life-cycle Management – patching, upgrades, release management
- Incident/Problem Management – prioritization of issues, troubleshooting, establishing work around solutions, root cause identification, tracking / documenting findings, and resolution.
- Partner with sustaining engineering
- Escalate technology design issues to engineering
- Escalate process related issues to engineering
- One or more of the following technologies:
- Proxy Servers
- Hardware Load Balancing
- IDS / IPS
- Network Visibility Fabric / Packet Broker
- Endpoint Controls (anti-malware)
- Network Malware
- Routing and Switching
- Network Analytics (Threat Detection and Response)
- Scripting for system / process automation
- Windows and Linux operating systems
…If you’re great at:
- Troubleshooting and resolving process and cross technology problems,
- Developing and following process to efficiently fulfill requests, and effectively remediate incidents, and mitigate risks,
- Compiling and analyzing data associated with issues within the environment and tying that data back to the sources or potential causes, (systems or users),
- Identifying opportunities to mitigate risk.
- Partnering and collaborating with other technologist and users on enabling and securing the organization.
…If you’re able to:
- Clearly and believably represent your technical findings, understanding, and recommended resolution to issues or solutions for the fulfilment of technologist or end-user requests.
- Are comfortable with other technologists questioning your understanding of an issue and or your proposed solutions, which may at times be in open forums of peers and management.
- Be open minded to alternative points of view and solutions to problems.
- Work independently to get work done but know when to ask questions or seek assistance to ensure the best outcomes but to also facilitate the timely resolution of issues and fulfillment of requests.
You’ll be into this if you:
- Thrive in demanding, fast-paced environments that require you to think strategically as well as join your team in the trenches to solve problems.
- Are passionate about the importance of security, and want to partner with colleagues who need your expertise.
- Enjoy exposure to a breadth technology through involvement in various technology projects.
- Have a strong ownership mentality and drive for results.
- Value truth, openness, and pursuing excellence.
Boxes to check:
- S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience Information Technology experience.
- Preferred: CISSP, SOCP or other relevant industry certifications.
Bridgewater manages global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations. Bridgewater is a highly entrepreneurial company, driven to success by: its process, its people, and its culture. At Bridgewater, we have invented, and keep inventing, superior approaches to investing and technology. We have fueled this innovation by recruiting talented, creative people from all backgrounds and promoting an invigorating and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the constant pursuit of excellence, and the belief that a meritocracy of ideas, not hierarchies, drives decision-making. Bridgewater is based in Westport, Connecticut.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.