Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
The Government team plays a vital role in service of Bridgewater’s research process, helping to perceive and understand economically significant themes in global policy. As a Research Associate within the Government team, you will help investigate changing global policies and drive understanding of how those will influence economies and markets. Your rigorous exploratory research will help push forward Bridgewater’s understanding of the world and help communicate these ideas internally and externally.
- Develop a clear picture of global macroeconomic context and market trends to inform which policy questions are or might soon be most relevant to Bridgewater portfolios
- Partner with our Investment Associates to research questions on government policy and data
- Visualize, draft, and support external communications of Bridgewater’s observations
- Observe and raise observations about key trends in government policy and their potential impact on our business
- Continuously think of new ways to provide value to CIOs/Research/Greater Bridgewater by leveraging an excellent understanding of government economic policy
- Be a central hub of knowledge management on the team
- Bachelors or Master’s degree
- Interest for and demonstrated understanding of global politics and economic policy
- Interest/desire to learn about the Economy of Europe/US
- Desire to solve complex open-ended research questions
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to achieve results and drive projects to completion; strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize time effectively in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
- Proficiency in French, Italian or Spanish preferred
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.