We're looking for people who can be the leaders of the company — starting on their very first day.
Bridgewater manages global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations. Bridgewater is a highly entrepreneurial company, driven to success by: its process, its people, and its culture. At Bridgewater, we have invented, and keep inventing, superior approaches to investing and technology. We have fueled this innovation by recruiting talented, creative people from all backgrounds and promoting an invigorating and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the constant pursuit of excellence, and the belief that a meritocracy of ideas, not hierarchies, drives decision-making. Bridgewater is based in Westport, Connecticut.
We are engineering systems to understand the world. Our philosophy is that the world can be understood, and we strive to build a fundamental, cause-and-effect understanding of markets and management. Technology is crucial to advancing our mission. Our technologists collaborate with our researchers and managers to design, engineer, and run platforms which enable systemization and scale in everything we do.
As a Critical Infrastructure DevOps Lead, you will be joining and playing a pivotal role in our ongoing and aggressive transformation. We have a huge appetite for change and you will be able to assume as much responsibility as you feel you are able to manage. You will tackle a challenging and varied array of problems in how we gain further maturity in DevOps tools, processes and engineering capabilities. You will be balance being an engineer and manager, looking at the resources available and harnessing them effectively against our goals. We are focused on hiring exceptionally high performers into our Critical Infrastructure team that really want to drive both their career and the shape of our infrastructure.
We think you’ll click with us if you
- Have a pragmatic and practical approach and feel passionately about operational excellence of impactful technologies
- Enjoy working in a non-hierarchical manner, leading by strong logic and creating a compelling vision
- Have curiosity and deep interest in both software development and infrastructure spaces and how they can be combined to best effect
- Are a strong advocate for CI/CD based development practices and understand the purpose and the nuance of these efforts
- Have a high bar for excellence, never being satisfied that anything is good enough
- Are open-minded and appreciate direct feedback.
You’ll Spend Your Time
- Leading, mentoring and understanding deeply how the people in your team operate
- Creating and refining your vision and plan for a secure, reliable service for our hybrid cloud environment
- Balancing your engineering efforts against the magnified efforts of your team against your goals and challenges
- Driving your team via metrics and instituted best practices
- Championing DevOps practices and tools that you believe in within an intellectually rigorous and challenging organization.
- Demonstrable experience with a leading cloud provider (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Strong software engineering skills in one (or many) languages (Python, Java, GO, C# etc.)
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing engineers in a DevOps culture, mentoring and developing high caliber engineers of all levels of experience and seniority.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.