Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Finance Department Overview
The goals for the Finance Department are to establish and maintain a strong financial foundation for Bridgewater, to protect its financial interests, and to shape its financial future. Working with the firm’s senior leaders, we are responsible for designing and implementing Bridgewater's financial strategy. More specifically, we execute the day-to-day financial operations (accounts payable, client billing, payroll, general ledger maintenance, financial statement preparation, project portfolio management, shareholder reporting, record keeping, and calculations); we protect and oversee corporate assets (through partnering with the business on procurement best practices, internal controls, budgeting, cash management, and insurance); and we provide strategic information about, and synthesis of the financial picture to Bridgewater’s leaders (financial planning and analysis).
Within Corporate Finance, the Tax Team is responsible for providing compliance and reporting services on tax matters and frequently partners with other teams (Corporate Accounting, Legal & Regulatory, etc.) to do so effectively. We are currently seeking a Tax Compliance Manager to join our team. This individual will be a key player in the management of Bridgewater’s tax compliance deadlines. The Tax Compliance Manager will be responsible for managing a complicated compliance function, as well as managing relationships with third party services providers. S/he will also be responsible for the daily supervision of a Tax Compliance Associate. This role reports to the Head of Tax.
- Managing and reviewing federal, state, and local tax compliance and related reporting
- Managing and reviewing tax accounting
- Interfacing with third party service providers
- Gathering financial information and creating work papers for reporting
- Assisting Senior Management with tax planning and research
- Documenting tax risks and internal controls
- Managing federal, state, and local audits
- Working closely with all tax compliance team members
- 15 + years of tax compliance experience (with pass-throughs, corporate and ASC 740) – federal, state, and local level
- Experience with executive communication; ability to report status and findings to Senior Finance Management at a synthesized/macro level
- Highest level of integrity and respect for confidential information
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency with MS Office, including advanced Excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and CPA and/or JD are preferred