Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Finance Department Overview
The goals for the Finance Department are to establish and maintain a strong financial foundation for Bridgewater, to protect its financial interests, and to shape its financial future. Working with the firm’s senior leaders, we are responsible for designing and implementing Bridgewater's financial strategy. More specifically, we execute the day-to-day financial operations (accounts payable, client billing, payroll, general ledger maintenance, financial statement preparation, project portfolio management, shareholder reporting, record keeping, and calculations); we protect and oversee corporate assets (through partnering with the business on procurement best practices, internal controls, budgeting, cash management, and insurance); and we provide strategic information about, and synthesis of the financial picture to Bridgewater’s leaders (financial planning and analysis).
Bridgewater’s Tax team is looking for a determined and agile Tax Professional to provide strategic thought partnership to the firm regarding compliance and reporting services. The Tax Manager will be a part of a team of problem solvers who are seeking to bring transformative ideas for process improvements. They will be a key player in the management of tax compliance deadlines and work with senior level individuals across the firm. The Tax Compliance Manager will also lead a complex compliance function and actively collaborate with the key decision makers to ensure Bridgewater is meetings its goals. Do you have a passion for both professional and personal evolution? Join us!
- Manage and review federal, state, and local tax compliance and related reporting
- Provide technical expertise, knowledge, and research to address complex tax issues
- Be responsible for the relationship with third party service providers
- Partner with Senior Management to develop and provide key insights and implement strategic tax planning
- Facilitate and design the implementation of tax projects
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Mentor members of the tax team to greater levels of efficiency and engagement.
- 15 + years of tax compliance experience with pass-through, partnership, corporate and ASC 740 at the federal, state and local level
- Experience with executive communication; ability to report status and findings to Senior Finance Management at a macro level
- The highest level of integrity and respect for confidential information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with partners to communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including advanced Excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and CPA and/or JD are preferred
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer