Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we’ve built a distinct track record of success. We’ve done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage over $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Real Estate & Facilities (REF) Department Overview:
The REF department manages and optimizes a portfolio distributed across multiple sites and delivers day to day services to ensure an excellent work place environment for all Bridgewater associates, clients and guests. The Department is responsible for achieving sustainable excellence by delivering systematized planning, services, and outcomes as the requirements of the business evolve over time.
Acting as the face of the house, the Event Captain is responsible for efficient operations of the food and beverage services offered at hosted events. We’re seeking a polished professional and an outgoing team player who is driven to provide the highest standards of customer service and strives for continual process improvements. An ideal candidate will be open to working non-traditional hours (Monday – Friday) plus several weekends a year, and thrives in a fast paced and high energy work environment.
- Provide five-star customer service: ensure a welcoming environment, anticipate customer needs and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of event details
- Ensure Food & Beverage items are presented and served correctly, adhering to standards while accommodating special requests and instructions
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards including accountability to Dept. of Health/HACCP regulations, knowledge of all H&S procedures and accurate Quality Control Data
- Ensure effective communication between Events Coordinator, Chef, Customers and Clients
- Coordinate with staffing vendor, and ensure on-call staff delivers excellently on set vision and goals through design of efficient work flows and procedures, providing outstanding customer service
- Coordinate with building management team to ensure smooth running of the house and ensure that all rooms, including overnight accommodations, and house inventory supplies are up to standard.
- Purchase order tracking and receipting of supplies for the house and events
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as Front of House Manager, Maître d’ or Banquet Manager at high-end venues
- Personable and outgoing with a strong customer service focus; comfortable with all level of clientele
- Common sense thinker who can apply sound judgment in new or ambiguous situations
- Effective multi-tasker in a fast paced environment
- A self-starter who is highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Team player who shares Bridgewater’s common pursuit of excellence
- Open minded, questioning, reflective, and comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and comfortable learning and using new software tools
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.