Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
The Accounting Quality Control group resides within the Operations Department and is an integral part of the post-trade flow at Bridgewater, managing and continually improving many of the Company’s mission-critical investment processes. Accounting QC is responsible for ensuring that monthly Net Asset Values for our funds and separately managed accounts are properly reconciled and that reporting is reviewed and QC’d under high standards. Additionally, the team is responsible for ensuring quality output from our external partners and serves as the primary liaison between the external partners and internal Bridgewater departments. The Operations department is a true meritocracy, as is the preferred operating style at Bridgewater, where new team members are allowed and encouraged to have an impact immediately upon joining the group.
Bridgewater has grown rapidly in recent years, transforming from an investment boutique to a leading global institutional asset manager. To manage this excellently, Bridgewater has placed explicit focus on evolving our world-class investment and support infrastructure inclusive of utilizing external partners for key processes. Since Operations processes are mission-critical, the department has evolved the way in which it meets its goals and responsibilities. Bridgewater now operates a unique and innovative “tri-party model” that enables us to remain responsible for investment management and oversight of our back office, while also taking advantage of the independent processes and technology of two strategic partners who are industry leaders in this space.
We are currently looking to hire a Portfolio Accounting Associate to join the Accounting QC team. New associates have the opportunity to be an integral part of evolution and transformation efforts in the Operations department and participate in personal and professional growth with an industry leader.
Responsibilities would include:
- Monitor external partners daily activities to ensure that all service level agreements, procedures, and KPI’s are met including but not limited to:
- Daily review of NAV, PNL, performance, reconciliations, and client reports
- Engaging in design and implementation of metrics and management tools
- Ensuring that functional work (e.g. reconciliations of accounts, valuations and returns) is completed excellently, without error, and according to procedure
- Ensuring that account events are accurately reflected and processed; validate the accuracy of vendor output
- Partner with various departments in the build out, testing, and evolution of new designs, processes, reporting, and controls
- Collaborate with management to identify opportunities for improvement and address issues, risks and inefficiencies
- Organize and drive to completion anything from simple process enhancements to larger strategic initiatives
- Liaise with internal departments and external service providers to ensure quality communication and accurate trade processing; facilitate resolution of complex issues
- Ad hoc projects, and coverage as necessary
- Bachelors degree, demonstrating a strong academic record from a competitive school
- 1-5 years of Accounting and/or Operations experience
- Prior experience in financial service i.e. investment banking, hedge fund administration, hedge fund, investment bank setting or consulting firm (Accounting or Operations specific consulting)
- Highly capable in commonly used software such as Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint. Strong preference for candidate with more advanced capabilities such as data manipulation and coding with tools such as VBA, macros, pivot tables, SQL, “R”, etc.
- Strong Communication skills: able to synthesize thoughts in an effective manner and communicate well with people at various levels of the external and internal organization
- Outstanding decision-making capabilities, keen logic, and good judgment
- Independent thinker, able to operate independently on short and long term goals, possesses common sense and comfort working in a high volume, fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to perceive risks and make quality decisions, often with incomplete information
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills demonstrated under pressure with tight deadlines
- Professional team-player mentality with a genuine interest in pursuing Bridgewater's common goal of excellence
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.