Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Finance Department Overview
The goal of the Finance Department is to drive sustainable shareholder value by controlling, safeguarding, and optimizing the use of the firm’s financial resources as accomplished through Bridgewater’s Principles and way of being. Working with the firm’s Senior Management, the Finance Department is responsible for: 1) delivering timely and accurate financial reporting, forecasting and analysis, 2) providing insight, strategic partnership and independent challenge to the Bridgewater leadership team, 30 maintaining effective and efficient operational controls.
The Program Manager will report to the Manager of Corporate Finance and Treasury and will have the opportunity to work with a range of partners within Finance and across departments at Bridgewater. This position blends strategic project management with the opportunity for apprenticeship to learn the key content to be a successful leader in the finance space. Day-to-day that means leading strategic financial and operational projects, while leading to ensure the team is achieving its responsibilities both efficiently and at the highest standards. The ideal candidate will maintain a transparent performance reporting infrastructure, have the ability to recognize deviations from expectations, and help to design solutions over time. The position requires a motivated, self-starter who has excellent project management and communication skills as well as robust quantitative and analytical abilities. Since this is a finance apprentice position, it's preferred to have an interest in absorbing finance content and developing skills grounded in financial concepts.
We seek candidates who have the creativity, initiative and conceptual intelligence to help lead Bridgewater through current and future challenges. Outstanding candidates will grow their responsibilities over time and be limited only by their skills and ability. This is an excellent foot in the door to someone that is highly organized, has experience in project or program management, and is seeking an entryway into finance.
- Understand team goals and responsibilities in order to actively coordinate workflows and manage contending priorities
- Program manage strategic operational and financial projects
- Support the manager and team on financial analysis with the ultimate goal of independently running and communicating the analysis
- Analyze operational and financial data on projects; use data to drive systematized improvements and insightful decisions
- Succinctly communicate updates to senior leadership on project work, team priorities, and (ultimately) financial analysis
- Effectively design and execute operational processes run by team members; optimize and evolve team processes
- Analyze and lead all aspects of team’s performance metrics reporting processes
- Serve as a thought partner to support and challenge the manager’s thinking – provide independent perspective
- Effectively “manage-up” as the reliable force that brings consistency and organization to projects and team deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree (quantitative and analytical majors such as finance, engineering, or economics preferred, but not required)
- 2-5 years of business experience managing projects and driving to results in competitive, fast-paced work environments
- Forward-thinking, determined individuals who possess common sense and logic
- Must be able to think at the goal level and connect tasks to goals
- Highly proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel with the ability to quickly learn new software tools as needed
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet tight deadlines and maintain high quality work
- Dedicated to learning complex financial content and developing the skills and experience needed to be a leader in the finance space
In addition, to thrive and succeed within our unique culture, individuals must demonstrate modesty, innate curiosity and an openness to new ideas or approaches. They need to be hardworking, confident and goal-oriented. All Bridgewater employees are encouraged to be transparent, direct, passionate about providing and receiving objective feedback, constantly aspiring for self-improvement and committed to the pursuit of excellence in themselves, their colleagues and the company overall.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.