Client Service Coordinator
Bridgewater Associates, LP
We seek diversity of thought and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. No prior experience in finance is required.
Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Client Service Department Overview:
The goal of Client Service is to build and grow meaningful relationships with the world’s largest, most sophisticated investors and help clients achieve their goals through high quality return streams and tailored insights. To this end, we deeply understand the global pools of capital, develop strategies to effectively access new relationships, and serve our clients by partnering with them on their most difficult investment problems. We help broaden their understanding of our investment process and strategies and deepen their understanding of financial markets more generally. The group frequently meets with clients to discuss portfolio performance, give updates on recent research, and provide instruction on developing strategies to meet their needs.
As a Client Service Coordinator (CSC), you’ll help us achieve our mission by working closely with our client advisors, marketers, and portfolio strategists to make sure the strategic goals of your team are being met and clients are serviced excellently. In order to do so you will be the “air traffic controller” of your team responsible for a variety of administrative, operational, and project management activities serving around 30 clients. You will help set goals, brainstorm execution, project manage multiple initiatives, coordinate directly with clients and internal stakeholders, be the first point of contact for client requests, and plan meetings, trips, and events. Without the CSC, the team doesn’t run.
You will ensure the team hums like a well-oiled machine by being highly organized, detail-oriented, and manages time effectively. You communicate effectively, enjoy problem solving, and thrive in a dynamic, social, and constantly shifting environments. CSCs are effective relationship builders and others-oriented. They don’t mind a busy schedule and remains calm under pressure.
Day-to-day responsibilities would include a combination of the following:
- Partner with client advisor, marketer, or portfolio strategist to understand the goals and translate the business plan into an organized operational cadence of the team to include providing administrative and calendar support
- Intake and be the first point of contact for all client inquiries via phone or email. Provide high-quality and professional client service. Distill information and synthesize the key points to the team
- Coordinate tasks, activities, and collaboration sessions to meet client needs from visualization to scheduling
- Drive execution, provide direction, and project manage initiatives across multiple stakeholders
- Facilitate synchronization and communication across the team, track and report on status of key activities, and keep key knowledge repositories up to date, such as the CRM
- Ensure team is well prepared for all client interactions from ensuring key people are prepared to ensuring presentations are visually appealing
- Coordinate logistics for clients and team including travel strategy, events, and presentation materials
- Anticipate and resolve problems efficiently and independently
- Work with other teams on projects to improve departmental operations
We are looking for team players who can learn quickly and who proactively seek to improve efficiency and quality. Candidates for this role should exhibit the following core competencies:
Thinking Abilities: “Big picture” thinker, able to focus on goal at hand, not solely on tasks. Distills information, prioritizes well, and summarizes key points for senior leaders. Solves problems using logic and common sense to develop practical solutions.
Operational Acumen: Able to orchestrate and prioritize multiple activities at once while maintaining a high quality of work. Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and context-switch in a fast-paced environment. Capable of marshalling resources to get things done most effectively.
“Others” Orientation: Excellent client/customer service orientation. Desires to help others. Willing and able to anticipate the needs and concerns of others. Can do, will do anything attitude. Preference for interpersonal interactions; unafraid to engage with others
Values Alignment: Values the pursuit of truth and excellence. Self-aware. Understands personal strengths and weaknesses and how best to work with them. Demonstrates innate curiosity, and a tendency to thrive on learning new ideas. Dedicated to self-improvement and improvement of others.
Candidates should also meet the following criteria:
- Effective written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
- A high degree of proficiency in Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; general comfort with learning and using new software tools
- Bachelors degree with a strong academic record preferred
- Experience in financial services or a professional business environment is a plus, though not required
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.