About the Security Department
The Security Department’s mission is to protect Bridgewater. We secure the investment engine, which manages over $160 billion in assets for global institutional clients, as well as various business operations functions. We constantly evolve our cyber, physical, and staff security practices to meet the business needs and stay ahead of the changing threat landscape.
About the Team
The goal of the Security Architecture team is to secure the design and implementation of new technology initiatives at Bridgewater by partnering with technology teams to deliver secure infrastructure, applications and services. The team is composed of security architects, security engineers and security testers. Their mission is critical to the success of the company and is closely aligned to Bridgewater’s strategic technology initiatives.
About Your Role
The Security Architect ensures system and project level security risks are understood, communicated and appropriate risk mitigation strategies are identified and implemented. They design, build and oversee the implementation of network and computer security for the firm. Security Architects work with application, infrastructure and cloud technology teams to thoroughly comprehend new technology programs. They partner with technology engineering teams to ensure new technology projects are built securely. Their days range from operating day-to-day processes that support secure development and deployment of technology projects to creating and presenting high-level presentations to senior management.
You’d click for this role…
…If you’re knowledgeable in:
- Security technologies and controls
- Architecting, engineering or administrating in AWS, Azure or Google (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Industry standards, risk management methods, and frameworks such as NIST, OWASP or CIS
- Engineering secure systems in cloud first environments, and across hybrid infrastructure.
- Participating in or leading teams using Agile (Kanban, Scrum) as well as end-to-end DevOps.
- Cyber security threats and vulnerability landscape
…You will drive the following responsibilities:
- Building relationships with application, infrastructure and cloud technology teams to deeply understanding new technology initiatives
- Specifically ensuring the secure architecture, design, development, coding and configuration of new technology projects
- Performing granular infrastructure, infrastructure as code, application and cloud security reviews
- Identifying technology project risks through risk assessments identifying threats, vulnerabilities, impact and likelihood
- Communicating to senior management the residual risk from mitigation strategies or risk acceptance
- Maintaining a high security bar through architecture and implementation of security controls at both enterprise and project levels
- Building strong cross-organizational relationships and effectively influencing the security at Bridgewater
- Logically evaluate and prioritize risks
- Practically and resourcefully solve problems
- Analytically digest any issue/problem encountered and recommend an appropriate solution
- Communicate the need for security features and controls while balancing both business and security value
- Convincingly articulate vision and strategy for complex and innovative technical undertakings
- Calmly and reasonably resolve issues and conflict
- Deal with ambiguity and make expert judgments in situations where no precedent exists
You’ll be into this if you:
- Thrive in demanding, fast-paced environments that require you to think strategically as well as join your team in the trenches to solve problems.
- Are passionate about the importance of security, and want to partner with colleagues who need your expertise.
- Enjoy exposure to a breadth technology through involvement in various technology projects.
- Have a strong ownership mentality and drive for results.
- Value truth, openness, and pursuing excellence.
Boxes to check:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of security architecture experience
- Demonstrable client-service orientation
- Proven track-record of operating with a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to author and present materials ranging from detailed technical specifications to high-level presentations for consumption by technical/business stakeholders and by senior management
- Preferred cloud experience and qualifications: Microsoft, AWS, or Google architecture, development, and operations.
- Preferred security qualifications: CISSP, CCSK/CCSP, CISSP-ISSEP/ISSAP, CSSLP, SABSA SCF/SCP/SCM
Bridgewater Associates is a global leader in institutional portfolio management and the world’s largest and most successful hedge fund. At Bridgewater Associates, we are focused on having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into expertly constructed portfolios and meaningful relationships with institutional clients. Our track record of success for more than 40 years is grounded in our distinct culture, which brings together great people and enables them to operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency.
Based in Westport, Connecticut, Bridgewater manages more than $160 billion in assets for approximately 300 of the world’s most sophisticated institutional investors, including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, foreign governments, and central banks.
Why Choose Bridgewater?
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Daily transportation from and to NYC
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks, and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
- And more
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer