The Security Department’s mission is to protect Bridgewater. We secure the investment engine, which manages over $160 billion in assets for global institutional clients, as well as various business operations functions. We constantly evolve our cyber, physical, and staff security practices to meet the business needs and stay ahead of the changing threat landscape.
The goal of the Security Architecture team is to secure the design and implementation of new technology initiatives at Bridgewater by partnering with technology teams to deliver secure infrastructure, applications and services. The team is composed of security architects, security engineers and security testers. Their mission is critical to the success of the company and is closely aligned to Bridgewater’s strategic technology initiatives.
What You’d be Doing
The Security Architect ensures system and project level security risks are understood, communicated and appropriate risk mitigation strategies are identified and implemented. They design, build and oversee the implementation of network and computer security for the firm. Security Architects work with application, infrastructure and cloud technology teams to thoroughly comprehend new technology programs. They partner with technology engineering teams to ensure new technology projects are built securely. Their days range from operating day-to-day processes that support secure development and deployment of technology projects to creating and presenting high-level presentations to senior management.
You’d click for this role…
…If you’re knowledgeable in:
- Security technologies and controls
- Architecting, engineering or administrating in AWS, Azure or Google (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Industry standards, risk management methods, and frameworks such as NIST, OWASP or CIS
- Engineering secure systems in cloud first environments, and across hybrid infrastructure.
- Participating in or leading teams using Agile (Kanban, Scrum) as well as end-to-end DevOps.
- Cyber security threats and vulnerability landscape
…If you’re great at:
- Building relationships with application, infrastructure and cloud technology teams to deeply understanding new technology initiatives
- Specifically ensuring the secure architecture, design, development, coding and configuration of new technology projects
- Performing granular infrastructure, infrastructure as code, application and cloud security reviews
- Identifying technology project risks through risk assessments identifying threats, vulnerabilities, impact and likelihood
- Communicating to senior management the residual risk from mitigation strategies or risk acceptance
- Maintaining a high security bar through architecture and implementation of security controls at both enterprise and project levels
- Building strong cross-organizational relationships and effectively influencing the security at Bridgewater
…If you’re able to:
- Logically evaluate and prioritize risks
- Practically and resourcefully solve problems
- Analytically digest any issue/problem encountered and recommend an appropriate solution
- Communicate the need for security features and controls while balancing both business and security value
- Convincingly articulate vision and strategy for complex and innovative technical undertakings
- Calmly and reasonably resolve issues and conflict
- Deal with ambiguity and make expert judgments in situations where no precedent exists
You’ll be into this if you:
- Thrive in demanding, fast-paced environments that require you to think strategically as well as join your team in the trenches to solve problems.
- Are passionate about the importance of security, and want to partner with colleagues who need your expertise.
- Enjoy exposure to a breadth technology through involvement in various technology projects.
- Have a strong ownership mentality and drive for results.
- Value truth, openness, and pursuing excellence.
Boxes to check:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of security architecture experience
- Demonstrable client-service orientation
- Proven track-record of operating with a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to author and present materials ranging from detailed technical specifications to high-level presentations for consumption by technical/business stakeholders and by senior management
- Preferred cloud experience and qualifications: Microsoft, AWS, or Google architecture, development, and operations.
- Preferred security qualifications: CISSP, CCSK/CCSP, CISSP-ISSEP/ISSAP, CSSLP, SABSA SCF/SCP/SCM
Bridgewater manages global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations. Bridgewater is a highly entrepreneurial company, driven to success by: its process, its people, and its culture. At Bridgewater, we have invented, and keep inventing, superior approaches to investing and technology. We have fueled this innovation by recruiting talented, creative people from all backgrounds and promoting an invigorating and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the constant pursuit of excellence, and the belief that a meritocracy of ideas, not hierarchies, drives decision-making. Bridgewater is based in Westport, Connecticut.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.