The Security Department’s mission is to protect Bridgewater. We secure the investment engine, which manages over $160 billion in assets for global institutional clients, as well as various business operations functions. We constantly evolve our cyber, physical, and staff security practices to meet the business needs and stay ahead of the changing threat landscape.
The Security Operations team is a centralized group whose responsibilities are to monitor, assess and defend Bridgewater assets and people from adverse actions.
What You’d be Doing
The Security Analyst works within the Vulnerability Management team and identifies, assesses, reports, and helps remediate vulnerabilities in a prioritized way, using industry-relevant tools to do so. Security Analysts play a critical role in providing informed advice on services and technologies that enhance the security ecosystem and further enable automated discovery, remediation, and alerting of network, application, and endpoint vulnerabilities. In this role, the Security Analyst must build strong partnerships with technologists company-wide and ensure their applications, systems, architectures, and infrastructures leverage the appropriate security and vulnerability management tools. They will work with colleagues across the Security department (incident response and threat intelligence) to drive remediation of vulnerabilities that present risks across the enterprise. They will also perform deep-dive assessments on trending vulnerabilities and produce vulnerability analysis for technical and leadership audiences.
You’d click for this role…
…If you’re knowledgeable in:
- Security technologies and controls. Experience with vulnerability scanning technology, governance processes, risk assessment, and data analysis a plus.
- Security for major cloud service providers and associated cloud integration initiatives.
- Have a threshold level of understanding in scripting. Experience with SQL, Python, PowerShell, and Bash a plus.
…If you’re great at:
- Delivering services enterprise-wide for a range of technologies (e.g., on-prem, cloud).
- Applying data analysis techniques to large datasets of vulnerability, patch, compliance, and asset data.
- Collaborating with engineers, analysts, and others in Security and Technology to design remediation plans.
- Supporting the cyber incident response team in specified vulnerability discovery and assessment tasks during crisis management.
- Improving existing vulnerability tools and methodologies to enhance discovery, remediation, and alerting capabilities, or recommending alternatives.
…If you’re able to:
- Communicate technical issues to diverse audiences (in person and in writing), in an easily-understood, authoritative and actionable manner.
- Practically and resourcefully solve problems.
- Reliably and independently get work done.
- React quickly and decisively in high-impact situations.
- Build automation into manual processes.
You’ll be into this if you:
- Have a demonstrated passion for proactively identifying risks and fixing problems.
- Thrive in demanding, fast-paced environments that require you to think strategically as well as join your team in the trenches to solve problems.
- Are passionate about the importance of security, and want to partner with colleagues who need your expertise.
- Enjoy exposure to a breadth technology through involvement in various technology projects.
- Have a strong ownership mentality and drive for results.
- Value truth, openness, and pursuing excellence.
Boxes to check:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or a related field, or comparable work experience.
- 1 – 3 years prior system administration experience in Microsoft environments (domain, server, desktop) with similar experience in Unix (BSD, Linux, Unix) environments.
- Desired certifications: MCSA, CCNA, RHSA, or comparable.
- Desired experience: Application layer support, programming expertise, controls engineering, or cybersecurity.
Bridgewater manages global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations. Bridgewater is a highly entrepreneurial company, driven to success by: its process, its people, and its culture. At Bridgewater, we have invented, and keep inventing, superior approaches to investing and technology. We have fueled this innovation by recruiting talented, creative people from all backgrounds and promoting an invigorating and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the constant pursuit of excellence, and the belief that a meritocracy of ideas, not hierarchies, drives decision-making. Bridgewater is based in Westport, Connecticut.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.