The Security Department’s mission is to protect Bridgewater. We secure the investment engine, which manages over $160 billion in assets for global institutional clients, as well as the various functions that manage business operations. We constantly evolve our cyber, physical, and staff security practices to meet the business needs and stay ahead of the changing threat landscape.
Securing, cataloging, and mining the full record of discussions and decisions is a core component of Bridgewater’s success and unique culture. The Media Team curates and distributes all internal video/audio recordings in support of all departments within the firm. The team also creates highly produced professional original content directly for the firm’s clients and internal communications. We are in the first phase of an end to end media supply chain renovation to provide deep level automation, search, and access to our vast library of content using industry leading media technology and production tools. Did we mention we have more media than the Library of Congress?
What You’d be Doing
The Media Team is looking for a creative, broadly skilled developer that can dig into published APIs and provide the connective tissue that links disparate systems into a loosely coupled but tightly functioning central media platform. As an Application Integration Developer, you will attack a multitude of media and data focused problems by designing, building, and deploying software architectures and applications. You will immerse yourself in a media-focused environment, where you will learn about best practices for working within a highly secure, hybrid cloud world. Integrations will range from media production toolsets (Adobe Creative Cloud, Cantemo, Panopto, Xytech) to large scale dataset and automated workflow manipulation (Splunk, Activiti) running on internal systems as well as AWS and Azure. Our mission is to provide media intelligence and generate impactful communications to support Bridgewater operations.
You’d click for this role…
…If you’re an expert in:
- Designing, building and deploying software architectures and applications
- A variety of contemporary programming languages, patterns, architectures, frameworks and managed services
- Writing code!
…If you’re great at:
- Identifying and understanding media platform, data, and workflow problems
- Diving into published APIs, UIs, and working with external vendor partners on utilization
- Designing software and systems for implementation
- Pushing your work product into production
- Iterating with stakeholders on all aspects of system design, code review, user acceptance, and deployment best practices
- Creating cloud first deployments
- Keeping up with industry trends and testing out new solutions
…If you’re able to:
- Utilize high levels of autonomy and creativity to examine multiple paths and find efficient solutions
- Own the goal and beat the deadline
- Practically and resourcefully solve problems
- Methodically and reliably get work done
- Calmly and reasonably resolve issues and conflict
- Confront ambiguous situations head on
You’ll be into this if you:
- Thrive in demanding, fast-paced environments that require you to think strategically as well as join your team in the trenches to solve problems.
- Are driven to make constant improvements, but don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.
- Have a strong ownership mentality and drive for results.
- Value truth, openness, and pursuing excellence at all costs.
- Desire to grow both personally and professionally.
Boxes to check:
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile environment across the full software development lifecycle
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/education
- AWS cloud deployment experience a plus (EC2, S3, Glacier, Aurora, IAM focus)
- Demonstrated project ownership, not just participation
Bridgewater manages global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations. Bridgewater is a highly entrepreneurial company, driven to success by: its process, its people, and its culture. At Bridgewater, we have invented, and keep inventing, superior approaches to investing and technology. We have fueled this innovation by recruiting talented, creative people from all backgrounds and promoting an invigorating and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the constant pursuit of excellence, and the belief that a meritocracy of ideas, not hierarchies, drives decision-making. Bridgewater is based in Westport, Connecticut.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.