Dalio Family Office
Dalio Family Office Overview:
The DFO is the family office of Ray Dalio, the founder of Bridgewater Associates, LP and a global philanthropist. The mission of the DFO is to provide outstanding services to Ray and his family which includes long term wealth planning and management as well as the management of current endeavors.
The DFO has grown significantly over the past few years, increasing in both size and capability to provide a high level of support to the family. While its focus is the Dalio family, the DFO shares Bridgewater’s idea meritocratic culture as the lifeblood of its organization. Given the highly sensitive nature of its responsibilities, the DFO is a tight-knit group, where honesty and integrity are foundational values. All members are uniquely valued, are encouraged to meet their potential and are given responsibilities that align with their capabilities and interests.
We are seeking a Project Associate to join the DFO’s Project Management Pillar (PMP). This individual will report directly to the Head of the Project Management Pillar and will be responsible for supporting the coordination, management, and execution of DFO projects in a timely and excellent “machine-like” way. While the content of these projects will vary in nature, this person will play a direct role in executing them.
Given the evolving needs of the Founder, these individuals must also be agile; able to think on their feet and excited to handle changing priorities and new initiatives. As these employees will handle highly sensitive information, these individuals must also demonstrate high integrity and discretion. This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to build long lasting quality relationships and be a part of the commitment to ensuring the owner’s goals and standards are met through managing special initiatives and projects.
- Manage several small to medium DFO projects concurrently – including timing, budget and deliverables
- Oversee stakeholders responsible for delivering projects
- Ensure efficient and effective project management tools and practices are deployed
- Project Management Responsibilities:
- Develop project plans and budgets
- Track project schedule and budgets
- Provide regular status updates to the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager
- Identify and resolve project issues
- Identify and mitigate project risks
- Identify project/tasks dependencies
- Escalate project issues & critical decisions
- Manage project related external vendors/contractors
- Seek input and validation from believable parties
- Hold project RPs accountable to their roles and responsibilities
- Provide support to the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager when required
- At least 5 years of experience in project management
- Familiarity/experience with project management software, such as MS Project, WorkFront, or others, and with other basic office productivity software such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Visio, and SharePoint
- Core Values:
- Excellence – high standards for quality and timeliness. Strong intolerance for badness
- Logic – trusts in and relies on logic over emotions
- Integrity – open, honest, does not filter or manipulate
- Discretion – respects privacy, maintains confidentiality
- Organized, meticulous, able to keep track of lots of moving parts while not letting any balls drop
- Ability to identify and plan activities required to complete a project
- Ability to execute the tasks and activities required to complete a project
- Strong problem solver - ability to assess problems/issues and identify solutions
- Practical decision-maker, good common sense
- Ability to hold responsible parties accountable
- Ability to validate information based on experience or other believable parties
- Ability to learn from mistakes – open, reflective, low ego
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.