Our mission is to bring idea meritocracies to the world, in other words, organizations in which the best ideas win. Humans are naturally and historically poor at decision making, and the costs are high: opportunities squandered, businesses wrecked, people hurt. Why? Human ego, frailty, and bias. The idea meritocracy exists to help people get what they want out of life. Our team has set out to systemize a better way for people to work together, to build strong and vibrant communities, and ultimately to achieve world class results. We equip people with the ability to understand one another, thoughtfully disagree, stress test ideas, and compound knowledge through objective decision making.
Team & Product
Dave Ferrucci, the creator of IBM’s Watson and founder of Elemental Cognition, has joined forces with Ray Dalio, founder of the largest and most successful hedge fund in history and author of New York Times #1 bestseller, Principles. Together, they lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and artists creating a platform that combines the best qualities of intelligent systems and intelligent humans.
By collecting streams of real time experimental and observational data from a large and ever-growing number of sources, we construct and fit statistical, machine learning, and optimization models of people and of work. In a collegial atmosphere we debate modeling of human character, and what is the best ontology to represent it. We ask ourselves questions like: how do we know what people are like? Who is best for a given job? How can we work, together, better, more effectively? And, since we aspire to help people all over the world, we engineer for scale—a suite of applications built atop a forward thinking scalable and distributed architecture, to sustain a beautiful user experience within a rich ecosystem.
- Lead role in architecting, developing and designing our applications for mobile and web
- Design and integrate with scalable API architecture for our web application and services
- Manage product lifecycle management, including features, performance, and UI/UX
- Day-to-day lead on prioritization, architectural decisions and tradeoffs for team
- Experience leading software front end development teams in building a public facing commercial SAAS website
- Experience developing mobile applications (IOS/Android)
- Experience partnering with design as part of product development
- Experience working directly with end-user enterprise customers to design efficient user interfaces.
- Proficiency in modern frameworks, libraries, and tools: React, Redux, CSS in JS, Less.js, WebPack, Apollo/Relay, npm
- Knowledge of component centric application design and modern state management concepts
- Proficiency with current ECMAScript features
- Knowledge of functional and/or reactive programming
- Exposure to collaborative & engineering methodologies: agile, code reviews, linting, continuous integration, automated testing, cloud deployments, etc.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.