Technical Security Architect
Our mission is to bring idea meritocracies to the world, in other words, organizations in which the best ideas win. Humans are naturally and historically poor at decision making, and the costs are high: opportunities squandered, businesses wrecked, people hurt. Why? Human ego, frailty, and bias. The idea meritocracy exists to help people get what they want out of life. Our team has set out to systemize a better way for people to work together, to build strong and vibrant communities, and ultimately to achieve world class results. We equip people with the ability to understand one another, thoughtfully disagree, stress test ideas, and compound knowledge through objective decision making.
Team & Product
Dave Ferrucci, the creator of IBM’s Watson and founder of Elemental Cognition, has joined forces with Ray Dalio, founder of the largest and most successful hedge fund in history and author of New York Times #1 bestseller, Principles. Together, they lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and artists creating a platform that combines the best qualities of intelligent systems and intelligent humans.
By collecting streams of real time experimental and observational data from a large and ever-growing number of sources, we construct and fit statistical, machine learning, and optimization models of people and of work. In a collegial atmosphere we debate modeling of human character, and what is the best ontology to represent it. We ask ourselves questions like: how do we know what people are like? Who is best for a given job? How can we work, together, better, more effectively? And, since we aspire to help people all over the world, we engineer for scale—a suite of applications built atop a forward thinking scalable and distributed architecture, to sustain a beautiful user experience within a rich ecosystem.
- Working with stakeholders, engineers, and researchers on our security strategy
- Driving independent validation of our security posture (pen testing, certifications, etc.)
- Evaluating & designing the architecture of our applications, data, and infrastructure
- Working hands on to build out some of the security controls to implement a good posture
- 5+ years in security architecture, risk assessment, and secure development practices
- Strong knowledge of industry standards & the ability to shepherd validation and certification (penetration testing, SOC2, ISO 27001, SSAE 16, CSA, CIS 20 etc.)
- Hands on experience with Cloud Services (AWS & SaaS), and related DevOps skills and tools
- System administration, automation, CI/CD, vulnerability management
- Expertise with network, compute, identity, AAA, logging & auditing, data protection technology
- A college degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or similar qualification
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.