Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
The goal of the Investor Services group within the Back Office is to enable Bridgewater's ongoing investment engine and client requirements by proactively driving solutions through effective management of people, process, partners and solutions in a principled way. Overall responsibilities include:
- Liaising with BW Client Service to facilitate on/off-boarding of investors into Bridgewater Funds, and support ongoing investor capital activity & various investor reporting
- Collaborating with BW Compliance, Legal and Accounting Tax & Audit groups to ensure adherence with ongoing regulatory reporting and requirements for Bridgewater, its funds and clients
- Driving industry leading back-office solutions and engaging in thought leadership and strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to shape key outcomes (e.g., BW Front Office, vendors)
Bridgewater places explicit focus on evolving our world-class investment and support infrastructure inclusive of utilizing external partners for key processes. Since the Back Office processes are mission-critical, the department has evolved the way in which it meets its goals and responsibilities. Bridgewater now operates a unique and innovative “tri-party model” that enables us to remain responsible for investment management and oversight of our back office, while also taking advantage of the independent processes and technology of two service providers, with who we have strategically partnered, who are industry leaders in this space.
The role of Investor Services Team Lead is comprised of:
(1) monitoring and managing the deliverables and performance of outsource providers, (2) overseeing internal processes and procedures and (3) improving and evolving both (e.g. participating in initiatives enabling support of new products, markets, and unique investor requirements; enhancing processes and controls).
One of the key advantages of the role of the Investor Services Team Lead is that the Team Lead is developed as a “player-coach” who will have subject matter expertise across the full suite of Investor Services responsibilities, can understand and quarter-back the end-to-end business processes, and provide management leverage to the Investor Services supervisor.
We are seeking motivated, agile and results-oriented people to be part of the team critical to enabling Bridgewater to implement new investment ideas rapidly and meet the increasingly sophisticated needs of our clients.
Responsibilities would include:
- Provide team oversight of mission-critical Investor Services processes to ensure responsibilities are met excellently, including escalating and trouble-shooting problems
- Interface with internal department (e.g. Client Service, Legal) and external outsource providers to drive business solutions, initiatives and projects
- Proactively identify problems and inefficiencies with various Investor Services processes and refine accordingly
- Facilitate ongoing training, development and evaluation of team Associates over time to ensure a high level of cross-training and fungibility
- Serve as thought partner and/or delegate to Investor Services supervisor to assist with various team management responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree, demonstrating a strong academic record from a competitive school
- 7-12 years’ relevant experience in Investor Services, in a financial services setting (e.g. hedge fund, investment banking, hedge fund administration, private equity)
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with strong sense of personal responsibility, ownership mentality, reliability, and results-orientation
- Excellent ability to detect and trouble-shoot problems
- Ability to design, streamline and oversee processes
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, including the ability to hold others accountable
- Learning agility, and flexibility to keep up with what can be an uncertain and/or changing environment
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.