Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Security Department Overview:
Our group is responsible for protecting Bridgewater’s people, culture, and ideas — specifically its investment engine, which manages over $160 billion in assets. We are implementing a three-pronged structure of staff, cyber, and physical security and investing in world-class practitioners and cutting-edge technology to help us hold the highest standards in the ever-changing threat landscape. We’re committed to becoming the most innovative and capable security team in the world.
The Technology Resiliency Lead is responsible for defining and establishing tomorrow’s technology resiliency (inclusive of availability, support, and disaster recovery) program as we transform our technology and infrastructure (i.e. moving to cloud and SaaS solutions. This role will reshape an existing disaster recovery program into a world-class technology resiliency program that will meet Bridgewater’s evolving technology needs. The Technology Resiliency Lead will guide technologists that are comfortable with a legacy disaster recovery paradigm and help them modernize their thinking and approach towards technology resiliency. This role will engage at the policy and program development level (i.e., developing standards, designing the operating model, design and implement metrics) as well as engage with technologists around design and architecture level decisions and their impact to resiliency (i.e., how a SaaS offering may have second and third order resiliency implications or whether multi-region or multi-provider cloud solutions are the right approach). Additionally, the role requires someone who has ‘build’ mindset, deals well with ambiguity, and a passion to bring others along.
- Work with technologists and leadership to land the next generation of technology resiliency requirements and inform best-in-class design and continual improvement for the lifecycle of Bridgewater’s technology stack.
- Reshape the enterprise technology resiliency program operating model and governance process collaborating across the enterprise to match how technology of the future is designed and maintained (i.e., standards, governance, metrics)
- Develop processes to ensure technology risks are known and captured as part of security control and enterprise risk management frameworks.
- Ensure senior leadership understand their technology risks
- Work with technologists throughout the firm in application and system design meetings to identify solutions to top technology resiliency risks (i.e., backup, recovery, uptime) for next-generation of technologies (i.e., cloud, SaaS) as well as upgrades to traditional technology (i.e., data centers, storage, backups)
- BS or MA in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field preferred but not mandatory
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in technology (i.e., CSPs, HdW, Sftw)
- Enterprise application/system deployment or solution architecture experience or related technical experience
- Required to know technology resiliency solution options and when/how they should be used and desired previous demonstration of deployment of technology resiliency options
- Required to know AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform differentiators and how they play into resiliency/recovery situations
- Demonstrated ability to analyze what is and is not working in a program, and develop new, alternative program ideas
- Track record of successfully working with technologists across an enterprise
- Demonstrated desire and passion to take on new ambiguous challenges with little or no guidance from others
- Required to be able to articulate how you would approach evolving a program and desired previous demonstration of having done this prior
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.