Bridgewater Associates is focused on understanding how the world works. By having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into great portfolios and strategic partnerships with institutional clients, we've built a distinct track record of success. We've done this for more than 40 years by having great people operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency. Today, we manage about $160 billion for approximately 350 of the largest and most sophisticated global institutional clients including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, sovereign wealth funds, and central banks.
Research Associates play a vital role in service of Bridgewater’s analytics process, helping to perceive changes in markets and evolve the way we systematically think about them. You will help develop assets, concepts, and dashboards to monitor economies and markets, push forward our understanding of the world around us, and help communicate those ideas internally and externally. Your rigorously analytical exploratory research will help to inform Bridgewater’s understanding of the economy and markets. Additionally, you will be an owner of data and concepts, helping to refine our best understanding and helping others use those concepts as a building block of our research and trading systems.
- Partner with our Investment Associates to research questions on markets and economies
- Visualize and execute plans to analytically solve open-ended research questions
- Manage and update key building blocks of understanding including data, models, and visualizations
- Visualize, draft, and support external communications of Bridgewater’s observations
- Observe and raise observations about new or changing conditions in the world
- Be a central hub of knowledge management for the team
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree from a competitive school with a strong academic and extracurricular track record
- Interest for and understanding of markets and investing
- Ability to solve complex problems through analysis
- Aptitude for creative quantitative work involving financial and economic data
- Values designing and building excellent systems that are flexible, accurate, and reliable through time
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to achieve results and drive projects to completion; strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize time effectively in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite expertise
- Technical aptitude and experience in coding or analytics platforms like Scala or others is a plus
In addition, to succeed within our unique culture and work environment, individuals must demonstrate humility, innate curiosity, and openness to new ideas and approaches. Candidates must be driven, confident, and goal-oriented. All Bridgewater employees are expected to be honest,exceptionally direct, and eager to provide and receive objective feedback. Our employees constantly strive for self-improvement through feedback and self-reflection and are committed to the pursuit of excellence.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer.