We're looking for people who can be the leaders of the company — starting on their very first day.
Bridgewater manages global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations. Bridgewater is a highly entrepreneurial company, driven to success by: its process, its people, and its culture. At Bridgewater, we have invented, and keep inventing, superior approaches to investing and technology. We have fueled this innovation by recruiting talented, creative people from all backgrounds and promoting an invigorating and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the constant pursuit of excellence, and the belief that a meritocracy of ideas, not hierarchies, drives decision-making. Bridgewater is based in Westport, Connecticut.
We are engineering systems to understand the world. Our philosophy is that the world can be understood, and we strive to build a fundamental, cause-and-effect understanding of markets and management. Technology is crucial to advancing our mission. Our technologists collaborate with our researchers and managers to design, engineer, and run platforms which enable systemization and scale in everything we do.
As an Administrative Assistant you will support 1-2 Managers within the Investment Engine Technology (IET) department. You will be required to think deeply on their behalf and be responsible for your Managers’ time allocation and overall efficiency to help maximize their impact. As part of a growing Administrative Assistant community within the IET Department at Bridgewater, you will be supervised by the Department Lead and report day to day to the Manager(s) you support.
- Priority management, including tracking actions, such as deriving actions from email correspondence or from meeting notes, keeping Manager on track with to do’s, crafting and adhering to timelines and communicating with your Manager to guide she or he to consistent and on time delivery of work product and fulfillment of goals.
- Calendar management, including facilitating all meeting requests, frequent reschedules, urgent adjustments and similar in fast paced, highly changeable environment, and always with an awareness of good use of Manager time and eye to priority alignment
- Gatekeeper duties, serves as first point of contact for others who need time and energy from Manager and defends Manager’s time and energy resources by providing as much information as possible or facilitating Manager’s interaction with others to appropriate levels
- Prepares and facilitates meetings, including drafting and editing decks, printing materials, handling all technical and audio visual needs, setting and distributing agenda, taking close notes, following up all action items, providing reminders, anticipating any food and beverage needs, and similar
- Uses Bridgewater tools to run basic team operations, collect information through polls and aggregate responses and data to draw conclusions and prepare overview reports for Manager
- Time tracking and data synthesis, including keeping accurate and specific records of how Managers deploy time resource across priorities and synthesis to make data driven recommendations for Manager to more effectively utilize time resource in pursuit of goals
- Daily guidance, including shepherding Manager into and out of all scheduled commitments, ensuring all preparation is in hand for every commitment with time for review, and Manager’s needs are fully met to enable high performance at every engagement throughout the day. Requires ability to see Manager from a human perspective and anticipate basic needs of food, water, bio breaks and similar.
- Organized and Reliable, Resourceful, Thoughtful, Proactively anticipates needs
- Provides calm in ambiguous, urgent or stressful environments; can be a “rock”
- Proven tolerance for and success in urgent environments
- Can think empathetically in relation to someone else’s needs
- Solutions oriented, can perceive problems and suggest and implement solutions
- Ability to prioritize and work cross functionally when managing several concurrent threads
- Technology skills requisite to enable smooth workflows and ability to pick up and apply new technologies quickly (e.g. able to learn Office 365, text messaging, video conferencing, A/V and conference room technology and similar)
- Candidates with 4+ years of experience working as an administrative assistant supporting one person or in a pool, in an office management position, or other administrative roles/environments with similar responsibilities preferred.