Our Research Technology team is responsible for building and enhancing the tools and platforms that our investment professionals use to understand and trade the world’s markets. Our tools empower Bridgewater’s investment team to investigate and gain insights about the markets, and to develop and simulate investment decision models that are at the center of Bridgewater’s investment process. As Technical Project Manager you will be focused on driving complex software projects within this space to success. Your mission will be to ship high-quality software. This will involve shaping and improving processes and teamwork, identifying and resolving dependencies and removing obstacles that obstruct progress.
We think you’ll click with us if you
- Can drive complex, high-value projects involving multiple partners to success, on time
- Manage each release through the launch process
- Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions to unblock the progress of the project
- Act as an owner, assume responsibility and drive issues to resolution
- Constantly raise the bar, never satisfied that anything is good enough
- Have the ability to understand engineers, helping them to break ambiguous goals into solid plans
- Can balance pragmatism, excellence and agility with good logic
- Can prioritize and organize many concurrent threads across different initiatives whilst balancing risk.
You’ll Spend Your Time
- Partnering and collaborating with our engineers to understand their goals, needs and challenges
- Facilitating daily standups, planning, review and retrospective meetings
- Keeping the team on the right track, removing impediments and thinking ahead to identity potential barriers to advancement
- Understanding problems, people, processes and products
- Designing and documenting solutions that drive value across the delivery cycle (project plans etc.)
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement of processes and organizations towards excellence
- Demonstrated end to end project ownership, and ability to drive outcomes until full business value realized
- Strong and Pragmatic knowledge of agile approach and ability to apply it in specific circumstances.
- First class verbal and written communication skills, alongside exceptional organizational prowess
- Strong awareness of software development processes in order to understand the work engineers and product managers are undertaking and ensuring quality and deadlines are upheld.