Bridge believes everyone should have access to a financial advisor who works in the best interest of his or her clients. We build highly automated SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) for these financial advisors to run their business. Our software increases the efficiency, simplicity, and transparency of financial advisors’ operations, allowing them to grow faster than they would otherwise.
With that in mind, we are growing our team of smart, creative, entrepreneurial people of all walks of life, different backgrounds, and unique experiences. We believe that building our company around our people and giving them the freedom to pursue creative solutions is the key to our long-term success. Our team demands a great deal from each other; the level of responsibility you will have at Bridge is not for everyone. If you are ready for your next challenge, consider applying today.
Senior Frontend Developer Job Opportunity
Bridge Financial Technology is seeking a professional, talented senior frontend developer to join our growing organization. In this role you’ll be tasked with creating, enhancing and maintaining (or eliminating the maintenance of) software from specification to implementation, testing and deployment. Bridge is aiming to be a leader in the financial technology space by offering an intuitive and seamless user experience in the browser on the desktop and in a mobile application.
In this role you’ll apply your frontend development skills to implement product features, work with UI and UX product designers to build and maintain and intuitive user experience, and support and maintain a single code base deployed against multiple platforms and browsers.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong interest in financial technology, a passion for user application development, the ability to learn the specific challenges of Bridge and have a knack for translating UI and UX specs into a beautiful, intuitive and powerful interface.
We’re looking for people who want to be part of a small but dedicated and growing team, unconstrained by the bureaucracy and politics of large organizations with the desire for high impact work.
Frontend Development Team
You will be apart of Frontend Development, a team dedicated to building browser, desktop and mobile applications designed around a rich and intuitive user experience. Current objectives of this team include:
- Migrate from AngularJS to modern Angular
- Delivering new features to the frontend
- Building data and visualization-driven experiences enabling users to explore analytics and export data
- Build and maintain a cross-platform desktop application with Electron
- Deploy and maintain mobile applications with NativeScript
Responsibilities of the Senior Frontend Developer role
Your immediate day-to-day tasks will entirely revolve around migrating our AngularJS code base to modern Angular. Once completed you will be instrumental in deciding and implementing best practices around streaming data consumption, client-side state management and other architecture challenges.
A major challenge throughout the modernization of the frontend is embracing the philosophy of a creating a single code base and hooking it into multiple deployment points. These include Electron for delivering desktop applications and NativeScript for mobile applications.
We currently work within an agile productivity framework. You’ll participate in sprint planning, code reviews and a small amount of project management.
Lastly, we believe in investing in human capital; some of your time on the job will be dedicated to continuing education in order to stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and best practices.
Key characteristics and skills for success in this role
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Passion for creating fluid and fast user applications
- Enjoys learning new problems and skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, while also being confident enough to lead projects independently with minimal oversight
Our current hiring preference is for candidates with 4+ years of experience, along with a number of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical field (mathematics, physics, EE, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with AngularJS or Angular, or both
- Experience working with a UI or UX product designer or interacting with a product team
- Any knowledge of the financial space is a plus
- Work shoulder to shoulder with a highly dedicated and supportive founding team
- Competitive pay that includes performance-linked bonuses and equity participation
- Comprehensive benefits including full insurance packages and a 401k match
- Unlimited vacation/sick leave
- High degree of freedom and responsibility
- Continuing education reimbursement
- The opportunity to create, innovate and build industry changing technology
Interested candidates can apply and upload their resume to Bridge’s job board: https://boards.greenhouse.io/bridgefinancialtechnology