Bridge believes everyone should have access to a financial advisor who works in the best interest of his or her clients. We build highly automated SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) for these financial advisors to run their business. Our software increases the efficiency, simplicity, and transparency of financial advisors’ operations, allowing them to grow faster than they would otherwise.
With that in mind, we are growing our team of smart, creative, entrepreneurial people of all walks of life, different backgrounds, and unique experiences. We believe that building our company around our people and giving them the freedom to pursue creative solutions is the key to our long-term success. Our team demands a great deal from each other; the level of responsibility you will have at Bridge is not for everyone. If you are ready for your next challenge, consider applying today.
Senior Backend Software Engineer Job Opportunity
Bridge Financial Technology is seeking a professional, talented senior software engineer to join our growing organization. We’re aiming to be a leader in the financial technology space by offering a developer-friendly API, building on cutting-edge cloud infrastructure technologies and delivering a rich user experience through a wide array of features, analytical information and integrations with other software systems.
In this role you’ll apply your software development skills to build product features, algorithms for processing financial data and internal microservices.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong interest in financial technology, a passion for coding, the ability to learn the specific challenges of Bridge and have a knack for translating knowledge to technology solutions including algorithms, analytics, new features, integrations and more.
We’re looking for people who want to be part of a small but dedicated and growing team, unconstrained by the bureaucracy and politics of large organizations with the desire for high impact work.
Backend Software Engineering Team
You will be apart of Backend Software Engineering, a team dedicated to building and maintaining our API, planning and rolling out cloud infrastructure and implementing product features. Current objectives of this team include:
- Building an in-house generalized ledger accounting system
- Expanding and maintaining developer-friendly REST and GraphQL APIs
- Working with product development to implement features
- Integrating with additional software systems
- Pushing functionality away from EC2 instances to Lambda functions and ECS clusters
- Adopting Kubernetes and AWS EKS
- Moving from queue-based processing to stream-based data processing
- Deploy software that is well-tested, reliable, fault tolerant and highly performant and available
Responsibilities of the Senior Backend Software Engineer role
You’ll primarily be involved in the following types of projects:
- Working with product development to implement new features
- Create and refine software specifications
- Develop algorithms and automated workflows to analyze and process financial data
- Integrated with newly adopted AWS services and infrastructure
As a senior developer you’ll be instrumental in guiding architecture and infrastructure decisions as new backend features microservices launch.
We currently work within an agile productivity framework. You’ll participate in sprint planning, code reviews and a small amount of project management. We primarily use Python for backend software development, but will likely find ourselves doing much with the Go programming language within 1-2 years.
Lastly, we believe in investing in human capital; some of your time on the job will be dedicated to continuing education in order to stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and best practices.
Key characteristics and skills for success in this role
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Enjoys learning new problems and skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, while also being confident enough to lead projects independently with minimal oversight
Our current hiring preference is for candidates with 7+ years of experience, along with a number of the following qualifications:
- Experience in building backend systems and microservice architecture
- An understanding of industry trends, patterns and both emerging and established standards for code quality
- Well-versed in relational database design with strong knowledge of SQL
- In-depth understanding of networking, distributed systems and RESTful APIs
- Experience with cloud infrastructure; specific experience with AWS is a plus
- Strong familiarity with agile, scrum and kanban processes
- Experience using Python, Pandas/Numpy for data analytics is a plus
- Experience with Django is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical field (mathematics, physics, EE, etc.)
- Advanced degree in a technical field is a plus
- Any knowledge of the financial space is a plus
- Work shoulder to shoulder with a highly dedicated and supportive founding team
- Competitive pay that includes performance-linked bonuses and equity participation
- Comprehensive benefits including full insurance packages and a 401k match
- Unlimited vacation/sick leave
- High degree of freedom and responsibility
- Continuing education reimbursement
- The opportunity to create, innovate and build industry changing technology
Interested candidates can apply and upload their resume to Bridge’s job board: https://boards.greenhouse.io/bridgefinancialtechnology