Bridge believes everyone should have access to a financial advisor who works in the best interest of his or her clients. We build highly automated SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) for these financial advisors to run their business. Our software increases the efficiency, simplicity, and transparency of financial advisors’ operations, allowing them to grow faster than they would otherwise.
With that in mind, we are growing our team of smart, creative, entrepreneurial people of all walks of life, different backgrounds, and unique experiences. We believe that building our company around our people and giving them the freedom to pursue creative solutions is the key to our long-term success. Our team demands a great deal from each other; the level of responsibility you will have at Bridge is not for everyone. If you are ready for your next challenge, consider applying today.
Backend Software Analyst Job Opportunity
Bridge Financial Technology is seeking a professional software analyst to join our growing organization. In this role you’ll be tasked with creating, enhancing and maintaining (or eliminating the maintenance of) software from specification to implementation, testing and deployment. Bridge is aiming to be a leader in the financial technology space by offering a developer-friendly API, building on cutting-edge cloud infrastructure technologies and delivering a rich user experience through a wide array of features, analytical information and integrations with other software systems.
To meet this challenge we use consume leading AWS technologies, such as Lambda, ECS, Kinesis, Aurora, Elasticache and more. You’ll be working primarily with Python and its ecosystem to develop software features.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong interest in financial technology, attention to detail, a passion for problem solving, and the desire to learn the specific challenges of Bridge.
We’re looking for people who want to be part of a small but dedicated and growing team, unconstrained by the bureaucracy and politics of large organizations with the desire for high impact work.
Backend Software Engineering Team
You will be apart of Backend Software Engineering, a team dedicated to building and maintaining our API, planning and rolling out cloud infrastructure and implementing product features. Current objectives of this team include:
- Building an in-house generalized ledger accounting system
- Expanding and maintaining developer-friendly REST and GraphQL APIs
- Working with product development to implement features
- Integrating with additional software systems
- Pushing functionality away from EC2 instances to Lambda functions and ECS clusters
- Adopting Kubernetes and AWS EKS
- Moving from queue-based processing to stream-based data processing
Responsibilities of the Backend Software Analyst role
You’ll primarily be responsible for various bug fixes, increasing test coverage, operations team support, implementing new features and working with product to develop and refine software specifications. We primarily use Python for backend software development, but will likely find ourselves doing much with the Go programming language within 1-2 years. You’ll do this within an agile productivity framework that incorporate sprint planning and code reviews.
You should expect at least 15% of your time to be dedicated to understanding and iterating on software specifications, and therefore excellent communication skills and attention to detail are essential to be successful in this role.
Lastly, we believe in investing in human capital; some of your time on the job will be dedicated to continuing education in order to stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and best practices.
Key characteristics and skills for success in this role
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Enjoys learning new problems and skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, while also being confident enough to lead projects independently with minimal oversight
Our current hiring preference is for candidates with 0-3 years of experience, along with a number of the following qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Python and SQL
- Bachelor’s degree or software development bootcamp
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical field (mathematics, physics, EE, etc.) is a plus
- Experience using Python, Pandas/Numpy for data analytics is a plus
- Experience with Django is a plus
- Any knowledge of the financial space is a plus
- Work shoulder to shoulder with a highly dedicated and supportive founding team
- Competitive pay that includes performance-linked bonuses and equity participation
- Comprehensive benefits including full insurance packages and a 401k match
- Unlimited vacation/sick leave
- High degree of freedom and responsibility
- Continuing education reimbursement
- The opportunity to create, innovate and build industry-changing technology
- Conveniently located downtown Chicago office with amazing views of Lake Michigan
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Alan Illing: firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Bridge visit our website (www.bridgeft.com) or reach out to any of our team members!