Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
Breeze’s Specialist Safety Programs assists in the administration and continuous improvement of airline safety programs under FAR Part 5 Safety Management Systems (SMS). This person actively participates in all aspects of SMS programs and projects. The Specialist Safety Programs assists in the responsibility of the OSHA program, analyzes data, conducts audits and evaluations, and generates reports in addition to the safety duties as described below.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Serves as a resource for all programs, projects, duties (as assigned by the Manager SMS and ASAP) and SMS safety programs in support of Breeze Safety Department FAR Part 5 SMS Compliance.
- Assists with Safety Programs such as ASAP, OSHA, FOQA, Fatigue, IEP and safety reporting.
- Responsible for utilizing the Safety Reporting System for data analytics, identification and tracking of trends and mitigation follow up.
- Collects and analyzes safety data to raise awareness of operational risks, and to facilitate the application of corrective actions to mitigate those risks.
- Responsible for tracking and trending all OSHA events and reports, and providing mitigation strategies.
- Ensures compliance with all OSHA requirements.
- Supports the company accident, incident, hazard and injury reduction efforts by aiding in the development of proactive and educational safety programs.
- Assists in investigation of safety related events, identify root causes and develops/implements corrective action plans through coordination with Leadership
- Assists all departments with educating, implementing, and maintaining safety policies and processes throughout Breeze.
- Track and trend monthly and yearly metrics.
- Assist in the development of the Environmental Program (FAA/EPA compliance) and Sustainability Program
- Assist in managing the Safety and Security program training records in Breeze software
- Meet regularly with the Safety and Security team regarding safety issues and OSHA reporting/compliance.
- Assist in ad-hoc Safety Department Projects as assigned by the Manager SMS and ASAP.
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Airways Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity and Excellence
Here’s what you need to be successful
- 4-year degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
- 2 years relevant work experience with emphasis on aviation management, statistical analysis, risk management and/or project management
- 1 year Airline safety programs or airline operational experience
- 1 year experience with database administration and management or data analytics
- Experienced in airline safety programs
- Working familiarity with federal regulations pertaining to U.S scheduled, domestic, air carrier operations
- Proficient in quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with little supervision
- Ability to quickly learn new software and programs through training and self-study
- Proven ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to work effectively with professionals from diverse technical areas
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience with Vistair, Navitaire, AQD, WBAT, Sabre and/or MINT or equivalent aviation software
- Experience in using airline manuals and airline manual systems
- Available for occasional overnight travel
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Aviation or other related industry-specific degree
- Experience working with SMS, airline safety data and processes
- OSHA experience
- OSHA 10 DOL Card
- OSHA 30 DOL Card
- 3+ years of experience with data analytics
- 3+ years of experience in airline operations
- Experience as an Airline Auditor, investigator, airline subject matter expert
- FAA license/certificate for Dispatch, A&P, Pilot or Flight Attendant
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite required
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite preferred
- Skilled in data analytics and intelligence software
- High performance orientation, ability to work well under pressure, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
- Flexibility to work on ad-hoc projects
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available on short-notice
- Able to maintain a professional appearance
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the Breeze culture
- Must promote and represent Breeze’s value of Safety as a safety ambassador, support Breeze’s SMS program, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.