Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
The Manager, Flight Training & Standards is responsible for providing leadership and management for the training program, fleet technical program, standards development and implementation while providing the highest degree of safety and efficiency for the airline.
The Manager, Flight Training & Standards reports to the Director, Flight Training and Standards and is responsible for the administration of pilot training and standards.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Establishing standards and procedures to ensure compliance with required FAA training directives.
- Researching potential industry changes associated with future Pilot Training.
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing instructional performance standards.
- Directing the development of needs assessment programs to ensure current training content is accurate and thorough in meeting the Company’s Pilot performance standards.
- Reporting to Flight Operations staff, the training and checking results with regard to the effectiveness of the Flight Operations policies and procedures.
- Developing and implementing instructional programs to improve the effectiveness of the departments training staff.
- Monitoring trends in Flight Crew Irregularity Reports, Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP), Flight Operation Quality Assurance (FOQA), and Line Operations Safety Audit with timely feedback and proper operating procedure changes and ensure corrective actions.
- Monitoring Pilot manuals and FOTM/FCTM to ensure content accuracy and standardization.
- Responsible for Auditing/Inspections of all contract training providers
- Providing a forum for researching, evaluating, and implementing new or revised systems policies and procedures.
- Interfacing with Manufacturer Representatives on technical and procedural issues.
- Representing the Company in industry and government associations in training and standards matters.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Flight Training and Standards.
Here’s what you need to be successful
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate with airplane category and multiengine class ratings
- Experience with the development and management of 14CFR 121 Air Carrier Programs
- Experience interfacing with the FAA to ensure all checking, certification, and currency activities meet strict regulatory compliance
- Experience interfacing with SMS voluntary safety programs – FOQA, ASAP, VDRP, etc.
- Knowledge of appropriate FAA Advisory Circulars, Orders, and Handbooks
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and the ability to use bowsers effectively including iOS
- Able to work varying schedules including, weekends, evenings, holidays
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with Airbus A220 or E190/195 Type Rating
- Check Airman or Simulator Instructor experience in turbojet aircraft.
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
- The ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products
- Ability to facilitate cooperative relationships between/among people and departments
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.