Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
The Quality Control Manager is responsible for the daily management of the Quality Control (QC) department including the development and oversight of Required Inspection Items (RII), Receiving Inspection (RI), Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), and Engine Borescope programs. The Manager ensures work is performed in accordance with FAA regulations, Company policy and procedures, as well as performing duties as a Designated Inspector when required.
They report to the Director of Quality / Chief Inspector and support the overall surveillance of the total Maintenance System to ensure compliance with company maintenance procedures and regulatory requirements.
This position requires strong communication across all areas of Operations, including Technical Operations, and with our Approved Providers.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Develop and perform Inspections related to Required Inspection Items (RII), Receiving Inspection (RI), Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), and Engine Borescopes.
- Plan and control the application of QC inspection methods and procedures to ensure the safe reliable, and economic performance of Breeze Airways aircraft.
- Ensure inspections and work activities are performed in accordance with, and compliant per, Company policy and procedures.
- Support training, monitor, and control all activity performed by Designated and Authorized Inspectors and Receiving Inspectors
- Identify new processes and procedures to increase the performance and effectiveness of the Quality Control Department
- Oversee and establish activities related to the Receiving Inspection program to ensure compliance with FAA regulations and Company policy and procedures.
- Oversee and establish activities related to NDT Inspections and Tool calibration standards and procedures.
- Ensure safety concerns are brought to the attention of the Technical Operations (TechOps) and Safety Department
- Support an environment in which quality, safety, and compliance is everyone's concern
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Quality and Chief Inspector
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity, and Excellence
Here’s what you need to be successful
- High school diploma or equivalent educational achievement
- 10+ years of Aviation Maintenance experience with at least five years in Quality Control (Inspection)
- Experience with Receiving Inspection (RI), Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), and Engine Borescope process
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must hold a current, valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P) with no history of infractions
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a valid passport with no travel restrictions
- Must have authorization to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be flexible and willing to work - days, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime if needed
- Must be willing to travel 50% of the time
- Must be willing to work with other departments within the company as needed
- Understanding and working knowledge of FAA regulations, including FAR part 121 operations
- Experience maintaining Embraer E-Jet and Airbus A220 family aircraft or equivalent
- 2+ years in a management or a leadership role
- NDT qualifications in Eddy Current and Ultrasonic Inspections
- Understanding of Safety Management System (SMS) rules
- Degree in Aerospace, Aviation Maintenance, or equivalent industry related work experience
- Skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate with both internal and external customers
- Must be able to handle high-stress situations
- Ability to work with fellow Team Members with a variety of personalities
- Ability to multi-task easily
- Must be fluent in English
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.