Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
The Director of Inflight Training & Standards is responsible for overseeing all activities of the Inflight Training Team including New Hire and Recurrent Flight Attendant training programs. This Director is responsible for maintaining relationships with the FAA and ensures compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) regulations and company policies and procedures.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Lead a Team Inflight leaders and instructors
- Leading key initiatives to drive improvements for effective Inflight training programs
- Oversee Inflight Training policies and procedures by being a sound decision-maker producing positive results
- Direct all details associated with successfully developing and implementing learning programs
- Develops the short- and long-term vision and goals for all functions of learning design, compliance and execution, eLearning development and the continuous design and implementation of technology-based solutions
- Collaborates with the other Breeze training leaders to ensure consistency among training programs, processes, and products, and ensures that the programs support regulatory requirements and corporate goals
- Overseeing and ensuring the Inflight Training and Standards teams are meeting the regulatory requirements and organizational objectives
- Handles management and corrective counseling of Inflight trainees including releases, reassignments, and other Inflight training issues
- Support other divisions and internal Customers by collecting feedback and recommending solutions
- Coach and develop inflight training team members and Flight Attendants
- Oversee the inflight training budget, organization charts, and project costs
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance related to Flight Attendant training Confirm quality of instructional content delivered by routine Instructor assessments and evaluations.
- Researching emerging industry trends, new technologies, concepts, and techniques to update current training curriculum as appropriate
- Ensuring Flight Attendant regulatory training programs are approved and incorporated into, Initial, Recurrent, and Requalification training programs, including regulatory recordkeeping requirements
- Acting as Liaison to the FAA to ensure regulatory compliance of all aspects of the Inflight Training Department
- Establishing and maintaining productive relationships with operational and non-operational counterparts (e.g., Airport Services, Flight Operations, Technical Operations, Crew Services, FAA, and OSHA). Provide recommendations and feedback on best practices and efficiencies.
- Lead safety debriefs to determine areas of deficiency.
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity and Excellence
Here’s what you need to be successful
- 4-year degree in Business Administration, Aviation Management, or equivalent field, equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ experience in progressive leadership leading large, diverse teams
- 3+ years’ experience as a Flight Attendant
- 2+ years’ experience in an Inflight Training Leadership Role
- Experience in adult learning methodologies, professional development, instructional design, and curriculum development
- Extensive knowledge and strong understanding of FAA regulations, particularly Part 121 Inflight, FARs and FAA guidance
- Ability to attend, pass, and maintain Breeze Flight Attendant training
- Willingness to travel frequently (up to 25%)
- Must possess a valid passport or the ability to obtain one
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug test
- Must pass a TSA required fingerprint-based criminal history records check and a Breeze background check
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Knowledge of the different airline disciplines and administration, including the interdependencies on Airport Operations
- Knowledge of external agencies and their function as it relates to Airport Operations (i.e. FAA, DOT, TSA)
- 5+ years of Inflight Training and/or Standards experience
- Excellent professional development, coaching, and counseling skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse groups of people
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work autonomously in an entrepreneurial environment
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities at once, maintaining a positive work environment
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint & Teams)
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with initiative and creativity when managing multiple projects, under constant deadline pressure
- High performance orientation, ability to work well under pressure, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility
- Self-starter must have a positive attitude and strong desire for success
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.