Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
The Regulatory Compliance Program Manager serves as a point of contact to Breeze’s regulatory oversight agencies (primarily FAA) and tracks associated correspondence. They will coordinate, develop, and prepare responses to such correspondence as well as serve as a liaison to operations departments on regulatory issues and programs under the leadership of Breeze’s Manager, Regulatory Compliance and QA. In the Program Manager role, they will also directly represent Breeze to regulators as called upon by department leadership.
Here's what you’ll do
- Coordinates and works in programs that assure compliance with applicable federal and state regulations, international standards, and company policies and procedures
- At direction of leadership, responds to any government agency request or inquiry on behalf of Operations workgroups
- In coordination with Manager, Regulatory Compliance and QA, takes lead on regulatory compliance issues and investigations involving operations groups
- Participates in safety meetings and continuing education programs, maintaining close liaison with the FAA, NTSB and industry organizations and associations
- Lead by example by taking on responsibilities, participating in improvement efforts, and assuming leadership role among peers in the absence of the manager.
- Reviews, participates, and suggests ways to enhance regulatory compliance and company operational performance
- Provides direction to ensure Operations workgroups achieve Breeze Airways’ goals and objectives associated with regulatory compliance, operational safety, security, reliability, efficiency, productivity, and guest satisfaction
- Provides oversight to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and established internal standards
- Listens, observes, and reviews records and documents while communicating effectively
- Understands and communicates the applicable standards, laws, and regulations (including, but not limited to FARs, DoD requirements, IOSA standards and recommended practices) to internal stakeholders
- Develops, oversees, and reports the performance outputs of cross-departmental quality assurance self-audit programs
- Supports Breeze’s IEP program with the conduct of both process and performance audits on an as-needed basis
- Performs risk-based and follow-up audits on trending self-audit and/or VDR items
- Analyzes and performs trend analysis on regulatory correspondence and audit items
- With minimal direction from leadership, exercise considerable judgement to make decisions while conducting complex, risk-based process reviews, investigations, or audits (consisting of observations, document reviews, interviews, etc.) to facilitate improvement in processes that support multiple divisions.
- Network with local, regional, and divisional leadership to collect safety/compliance data. Analyzes data collected from internal/external audits and employee reporting to identify systemic trends and process level breakdowns.
- Represents the department at divisional SMS Meetings
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity, and Excellence
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by Safety Department leadership
Here’s what you need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in an Aviation, government, or judicial related field; Combination of Education and Experience will be considered
- 4+ years of experience working for a Part 121 air carrier
- Ability to audit and compare technical documents to FAA DCTs and/or other regulatory standards
- Comfortable facilitating meetings with all levels of leadership and business partners
- Comfortable delivering training/facilitating in front of large groups, including all levels of leadership and business partners
- Demonstrated abilities in self organization, self-starting work ethic
- Must be able/willing to travel to fulfill the needs of the programs, up to potentially 25% of the time
- Strong working knowledge of FAA Advisory Circulars, INFOs SAFOs, 8900.1, SAS and regulatory changes
- 2+ years of regulatory compliance or auditor experience, or 4+ years of experience in a frontline airline operations role (pilot, dispatch, ground ops, etc)
- Extensive knowledge of 14 CFR and NTSB 830
- Extensive knowledge in legal interpretations of 14 CFR
- Prior airline management experience
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience with the Voluntary Disclosure Reporting System (VDRP)
- Experience with SMS
- Experience with auditing to IOSA standards or IOSA conformance auditor training
- Prior experience at a DOD approved air carrier and auditing to DOD standards
- FAA commercial/ATP pilot certificate, Dispatcher certificate, or A&P certificate
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including familiarity with using Microsoft Teams for collaboration and communication
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure with little supervision
- Ability to make sound business decisions based on company needs
- Ability to resolve disagreement in a professional manner with all levels of leadership and business partners
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
- Flexibility to travel up to 20%, including internationally
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision, and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.