Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
The Manager of Air Traffic Control works inside of the Integrated Operations Control Center (“IOCC”) and establishes short and long-term strategy for airspace operation activities at Breeze. The role establishes air traffic and routing direction for a team of operational leaders, builds strategic goals, and partners with the Federal Aviation Administration (“FAA”) and industry partners to improve operational health and on-time performance, and minimize adverse ATC impacts.
This is a hybrid position that will require travel from and to the office in Cottonwood Heights, as well as to industry events.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Builds and implements strategy for mitigation of ATC impacts on the operation, with the goal of yielding higher on-time performance rates as a function of air traffic-related interruptions
- Acts as primary oversight and responsibility for ATC and airspace operations at Breeze.
- Establishes partnerships with Part 91/Part 121 operators, the FAA, related airport authorities, and industry forums for ATC constraint mitigation across the NAS
- Acts as the primary representative for air traffic management on Breeze’s behalf with counterparts
- Works to maximize network flow for Breeze’s A220 and E190/E195 operations
- Drives implementation of airspace/airport efficiency building
- Provides guidance and leadership to Dispatch and IOCC Management teams
- Ensures compliance with any and all applicable regulations governing air traffic control and Breeze operations
- Provides recommendations and feedback to Flight Operations and IOCC Management teams
- Engages in other duties related to air traffic management, airports, and airspace as necessary .
- Develop people through effective performance management and ongoing feedback, focusing on fostering strategic and systems thinking, development of talent, and succession planning across teams and disciplines.
Here’s what you need to be successful
- 10+ years of airline or industry operations management in the field of air traffic management or flight dispatch
- Active or previous air traffic controller license, commercial pilot certificate, or dispatch license with 10-years experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Comprehensive understanding of Traffic Flow Management, the National Airspace System, and FAA order 7110.65 (ATCM)
- Working familiarity with terminal control and enroute traffic management
- The ability to travel 25% of the time each month.
- High degree of responsiveness and ability to quickly implement risk mitigation strategies during intraday operations
- Strong interpersonal skills and high quality communication
- High school diploma
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor degree in airspace management or related field(s)
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with previous air traffic control experience at Air Route Traffic Control Centers (“ARTCC”)
- Proficiency in intraday risk mitigation specific to airspace management
- Exceptional situational awareness and the ability to quickly problem solve
- Excellent computer skills with functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, make decisions, and meet deadlines
- Ability to read and understand complex documents and rewrite the information in simpler terms
- Ability to serve as a liaison between other areas of the company
- Ability to work as a Team Member with a strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work with confidential material
- Ability to travel often
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision, and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.