Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
The Technical Publications Specialist is responsible for the currency and compliance of company manuals and publications, the Specialist Technical Publications reports to the Manager Company Manual System and supports manual control, distribution, and tracking for the various departments and operations groups.
This position requires strong communication across all areas of Operations, with strong grammar and editing abilities.
This position can be located at any one of our Breeze bases: our Breeze bases are PVU, MSY, TPA, CHS, BDL, ORF, and PVD.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Maintain and update the master file of all company manuals, forms, and documents in the Company Manual System.
- Manage the currency, control, distribution, and tracking of Company manuals and publications
- Create draft documents and coordinate revisions with manual owners
- Create, formats, and edits various company forms as necessary.
- Tracking and recording revision transmittal documents from assigned manual holders
- Issues and distributes bulletins to company manuals as required
- Updates and distributes manuals/documents to web, mobile devices, synced servers and Electronic Flight bag (EFB)
- Verify compliance with published procedures to identify any inconsistencies as deemed necessary per the Technical Style Guide (TSG).
- Serves as subject matter expert for creating, editing, and publishing manuals and documents.
- Review the impact of procedural changes to the manual content and amend the procedure(s) and/or process(es) as deemed necessary.
- Upon receipt of a revision or new (original) manual, ensure the revision has been accepted and/or approved, as applicable
- Partners with subject matter experts (SMEs), IT and stakeholders in department and cross functional projects.
- Provides end user support for manuals on web and mobile devices
- Multitask different work activities and shifting attention from one task to another, while meeting the demands of several different stakeholders
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of applicable CFRs and associated regulatory/governmental regulations.
- Supports the Company read and sign program.
- Maintain established best practices, identify and champion process improvements
Here’s what you need to be successful
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent educational achievement
- Two years of experience working in a publications environment, or writing technical documentation
- Should have a detailed understanding of the format, layout, publishing and distribution process of electronic documents
- Strong skills in the following programs - Microsoft Office 365 tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe Reader Acrobat Professional
- Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Must read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must have authorization to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be flexible and willing to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime if needed
- Must be willing to work with other departments within the company as needed
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity and Excellence
- Aviation experience preferred
- Experience with publications software
- HTML / XML, style sheets, structured authoring or content management systems experience preferred
- Skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate to Leadership
- Must be able to handle high stress situations
- Ability to work with fellow Team Members with a variety of personalities
- Ability to multi-task easily
- Must be fluent in English
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.