Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
Our Lead Dispatcher & Trainer, who must hold a current FAA Certificate, will train, and lead the team of dispatchers to plan for the safe and efficient operation of each Breeze Airways flight. The Lead Dispatcher & Trainer authorizes, regulates, and controls commercial airline flights according to government and company regulations, taking into account aircraft performance and loading, enroute winds, storm and turbulence forecasts, airspace restrictions, and airport conditions. Along with the Integrated Operations Communication Center (IOCC) Leadership team, the Lead Dispatcher and Trainer will ensure the team keeps the appropriate training resources to operate safely.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Ensure resources are in place for the IOCC team, including technology and other resources to best do their job
- Take responsibility for the quality control of the electronic dispatcher training records (MINT) and products
- Leads Breeze Airways dispatch group on a day-to-day basis
- Create and maintain classroom training curriculum as well as deliver it to new hire dispatchers
- Acts as a subject matter expert for Operational Strategy session for planning and performance
- Liaise with FAA Dispatch Safety Inspector and Principal Operations Inspector for dispatch training and record management
- Works with Pilot Training to ensure consistent training model between both groups
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for Navblue Flight Planning (N-FP) and assists the Manager of Flight Dispatch in updating route databases and new aircraft induction.
- Develop training material for the dispatch department and perform in class instruction
- Interface with the various departments in maintaining training integrity through the company
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity, and Excellence
- Work line dispatch shifts on a regular basis to maintain currency and ensure quality control of the dispatch product
- Assist the Dispatch Team during heavy workload and irregular operations
Here’s what you need to be successful
- 3+ years as an Aircraft Dispatcher (combination of education and relevant industry experience will be considered)
- Previous experience in Classroom training or as a On-the-job trainer
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office product
- Strong knowledge of 121 Dispatch and Flight Operations regulations
- Must have the authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug test
- Must pass a TSA-required fingerprint-based criminal history records check and a Breeze background check
- High-performance orientation, ability to work well under pressure, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility
- 4-year degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years’ experience in airline operations control
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Self-starter, must have a positive attitude and strong desire for success
- Complete projects on time with minimal supervision, ability to work varied hours when necessary to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of LMS software, preferably Pelesys and Articulate 360
- Working knowledge of MINT QTMS
- Models and promotes Breeze’s values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity, Excellence
- Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to maintain a poised demeanor while working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.