Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for the daily operation of the Quality Control (QC) department at his or her location Including the development, oversight, and accomplishment of daily Aircraft Inspection activities. They will report to the Manager, Quality Control and support the overall surveillance of the Aircraft Maintenance System to ensure compliance with company maintenance procedures and regulatory requirements.
This position requires strong communication across all areas of Operations, including Technical Operations, Aircraft Maintenance, Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Engineering teams.
Starting pay up to $32.50 an hour based on experience, plus $2.00 Quality Control Premium .
Rate of Pay p/hr.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Responsible for administering Breeze Airways policies in Quality Control and inspection in a line maintenance environment.
- Conduct surveillance and oversight of work performed at line Maintenance locations to ensure Breeze standards and those prescribed by the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) are maintained.
- Perform aircraft Required Inspections (RII) as described in company manuals.
- Performs Materials Receiving inspections as described in company manuals.
- Performs engine Borescopes as described in engineering orders and OEM data.
- Performs NDT Inspections as described in engineering orders and OEM data.
- Self-starter with a team mentality and culture driven mindset.
- Reports to the Manager, Quality Control.
- Plan and control the application of inspection and quality control methods and procedures to ensure the safe, reliable, and economic performance of Breeze aircraft.
- Support the Quality Control Program, including Required Inspection Items and RII Authorized Inspectors as specified in the Breeze Airways GMM.
- Support the Receiving Inspection Program, including Receiving Inspection Procedures as specified in the Breeze Airways GMM.
- Monitor workmanship and materials to verify that applicable Breeze and FAA regulations and standards are complied with.
- Conduct an on-going program to enhance the level of professionalism and state-of-the-art inspection applications within the inspection department.
- Administer, and support, and support the NDT program, performance, and workmanship to verify that applicable Breeze and FAA regulations and standards are complied with.
- Oversee the establishment and implementation of tool procedures and monitor tooling policies and calibration procedures to ensure tooling meets conformity, equivalency, and all calibration standards.
- Develop recommendations for new tools that promote increased tool and equipment availability, reliability, or enhanced maintenance capability.
- Support procedures for calibration of tools and equipment based on manufactures recommendations.
- Recommend changes to the maintenance program and work specifications, based on recurring discrepant conditions found on Breeze aircraft undergoing maintenance.
- Apprise the Manager of Quality Control and Chief Inspector of any issues that may affect safety, quality, or schedule of Breeze aircraft during aircraft maintenance.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that high standards of performance are maintained in the areas of Quality, Safety.
- Maintain compliance with SMS and Company safety policies and procedures as well as Federal Regulations by reporting any safety hazard or potential hazard.
- Include SMS in your daily work habits and remain current in the training requirements for SMS.
- Embody the Breeze Values and conduct oneself with Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity, and Excellence.
- Perform such other duties as assigned by the Manager. Quality Control and Chief Inspector.
Here’s what you need to be successful
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent educational achievement
- Must hold a current, valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P) with no history of infractions
- Five years of Aviation Maintenance experience with at least three years in Quality Control/Assurance/Inspection
- Understanding and working knowledge of FAR part 43, 65, 91, 121, and 145
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a valid passport with no travel restrictions
- Must have authorization to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be flexible and willing to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime if needed
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time
- Must be willing to work with other departments within the company as needed
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug test
- Must pass a TSA required fingerprint-based criminal history records check and a Breeze background check
- At least two (2) years in management or a leadership role
- Degree in Aerospace, Aviation Maintenance, or Business
- Ten years of FAR 121 air carrier aircraft maintenance experience
- Understanding of Safety Management System (SMS) rules
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate to Leadership
- Must be able to handle high-stress situations
- Ability to work with fellow Team Members with a variety of personalities
- Ability to multi-task easily
- Must be fluent in English
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.