Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
The Supervisor Inflight Training supports the Manager Inflight Training and will collaborate with other departments to ensure the highest level of safety, efficiency, and overall success of Breeze. To achieve the objective, they will facilitate the daily oversight of training by mentoring and coaching a team of Inflight Instructors, Breeze Flight Attendants and new hire trainees and provide guidance and leadership while supporting department goals.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Establish priorities for the Inflight Instructors to ensure the training operations are conducted safely, with the overall experience focused on the trainee.
- Empower the Inflight Instructors to prioritize initiatives specific to daily staffing, scheduling, and ensuring adherence to Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs) and Company policy and procedures.
- Develop the Inflight Instructor Team through effective performance management and ongoing feedback with a focus on delegation, coaching and developing the team for planned growth. Managing performance of the Team in executing tasks and time management.
- Create a positive influence on the Team through presence, action and reinforcement of behaviors.
- Plan, develop, and implement Inflight Instructor development to ensure calibration through workshops, classroom instruction, on the job training, meetings, and conferences.
- Collaborate with Inflight Policy and Procedures to ensure currency and consistent application of training curricula to the Flight Attendant Manual (FAM).
- Responsible for hiring, training, mentoring, and supporting the Inflight Instructors.
- Influence culture of the Inflight Training experience through presence, actions and reinforcement of positive behaviors.
- Accountable for the Air Transportation Supervisor Program – selection, training, program updates and ongoing oversight.
- Assist the Inflight Training Manager at all external (FAA, DoD, IOSA) and internal (IAP) training records and qualification audits
- Oversees training record regulatory requirements and qualification management procedures in the QTMS
- Travels, as necessary, to provide leadership and audit remote training locations.
- Lead complex program efforts to completion while managing multiple objectives and tasks simultaneously.
- Promote safety and compliance with all regulatory and Breeze requirements.
- Identify and implement training and instructional improvements to continue to advance the Inflight Training experience.
- Administer and document performance and attendance issues along with corrective action to trainees.
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity and Excellence.
Here’s what you need to be successful
- 2+ years Inflight training leadership experience
- 3+ years flight attendant experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain current Breeze Airways Flight Attendant Certification
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) professionally for training, QA, and data reporting
- High performance orientation, ability to work well under pressure, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility
- Self-starter must have a positive attitude and strong desire for success
- Complete projects on time with minimal supervision, ability to work varied hours when necessary to meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable in Inflight and working with the FAA
- Outstanding leadership capabilities, with ability to lead, train, and motivate
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug test
- Must pass a TSA required fingerprint-based criminal history records check and a Breeze background check
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with e-learning software and mobile learning deployment
- Understanding of adult learning principles
- Competent in interpersonal communications, collaboration, critical-thinking, and problem solving
- A self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to handle stressful environments
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude are required to manage the variety of responsibilities and deliverables
- Good work ethic
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule based on training needs
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.