Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
The Manager of Regulatory Compliance and Quality Assurance is responsible for the oversight and surveillance of Flight Operations programs, policies, and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance. Flight Operations works closely with other teams and departments, relying on each department to know and understand the applicable compliance requirements as well as the safety health of the organization through safety reporting and analysis.
The duties of this position include reviewing all new and revised regulations, Operations Specifications, and other compliance documents such as FAA guidance, safety recommendations, special FAA notices, Orders, and any other regulatory requirements of the FAA. These duties also include investigatory research, risk assessment, root cause analysis and the oversight of FAA Letters of Investigations (FAA LOI) and related response letters.
They will also supervise the Voluntary Self-Disclosure Reporting (VDR) process including the initial report, the investigation, risk assessment, root cause analysis and comprehensive fix. They will direct all routine regulatory agency communications to include the FAA, EPA, TSA, and other agencies as required. They will also be the principal liaison for FAA CMO communications to track manual submissions, written correspondence, and due dates of any requests to and from the company. They will be responsible for the Safety Assurance program and the program auditors.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Implements programs that assure compliance with applicable federal and state regulations, international standards and Breeze Airways’ Policies and procedures
- Advocates regulatory requirements changes on behalf of Breeze Airways
- Ensures that Operations IEP audits are conducted and documented. Monitors all identified hazards to determine if the assessed risk remains acceptable and that mitigation measures, if any, remain effective
- Responsible for amending and maintaining parts A, B and C of the Operations Specifications
- Responsible for responding to any government agency request or inquiry on behalf of Flight Ops leadership.
- Mentors, advises, and supports Flight Operations department employees with regards to regulatory compliance issues
- Manages regulatory compliance issues regarding aircraft operations
- Supports the Safety and Operations Departments in all pillars of SMS: Policy, Safety Risk Management, Safety Assurance and Safety Promotion
- Participates in safety meetings and continuing education programs, maintaining close liaison with the FAA, NTSB and industry organizations and associations
- Reviews, participates, and suggests ways to enhance regulatory compliance and operational performance
- Ensures that operations are conducted in accordance with the conditions and restrictions of the Air Operator Certificate (AOC) and in compliance with applicable regulations and Breeze Airways’ standards
- Provides direction to assure Breeze achieves goals and objectives associated with regulatory compliance, operational safety, security, reliability, efficiency, productivity, and guest satisfaction
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and established internal standards
- Performs other duties as assigned by the COO, VP of Flight Operations, and VP of Safety
- Designs, implements, and maintains a self-audit function to determine the level of compliance and safety in the flying operation; applies information gained to correct faults and refine best practices
- Creates, reviews, and revises the manual system and processes that will result in a compliant and safe operation
- Continuously analyzes current workflows and processes and implements process improvement plans
Here’s how you’ll be successful
- Bachelor's Degree in an Aviation, government, or judicial related fields; Combination of Education and Experience will be considered
- Commercial Pilot Certificate
- Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check
- 5+ years of experience in a regulatory compliance, quality assurance, or equivalent position
- Experience with the Voluntary Disclosure Reporting System (VDRP)
- Experience with the Web-based Operations Safety System (WebOPSS)
- Experience with SMS
- Strong working knowledge of FAA Advisory Circulars, INFOs SAFOs, 8900.1, SAS and regulatory changes
- Extensive knowledge of 14 CFR and NTSB 830
- Extensive knowledge in legal interpretations of 14 CFR
- Prior airline management experience
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
- Ability to communicate effectively in front of executive leadership and external government agencies
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision, and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.