Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
The Fleet Performance Engineer reports to the Director of Engineering and is responsible for aircraft, powerplant, and components trend/performance analysis in support of the Reliability portion of the Continuing Analysis Surveillance System (CASS). Reliability portions include, but are not limited to, Engineering and Maintenance Programs, Maintenance, Materials, Quality Control and Assurance, Flight Operations, and In-Flight.
- Collects data from maintenance and engineering systems (TRAX) and performs statistical analysis to monitor, evaluate and provide solution to the operational and technical performance of the Breeze Airways fleet
- Analyzes technical data from aircraft maintenance log, aircraft service records, health monitoring and aircraft data to determine root cause, failure mode/trends and provide a solution to enhanced aircraft performance.
- Pro-actively monitors delays, pilot write-ups, other technical interruptions and evaluate data for failure modes/trends to come up with solution before it become on alert notice..
- Analyzes component and shop finding reports to determine failure mode trends and interfaces with Business Partners to develop solutions.
- Produces Daily, Weekly and Monthly Reliability Reports and provides on-demand technical reports as needed to evaluate aircraft, powerplant and component reliability performance.
- Participates and presents at Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Reliability and Performance meetings. Tracks significant findings as action items until resolution is implemented.
- Track the progress and performance of the solutions to ensure it address the root cause.
- Assists in managing the Repeat Items, CAT program, RVSM and Rogue component programs.
- Analyzes heavy maintenance data to determine cause of failures, provide recommendations for Maintenance Program adjustments and assist in implementing maintenance program escalations.
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity, and Excellence
- 4-year degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of reliability analysis/root cause failure analysis at a 121 carrier
- Knowledge of and experience with the following programs/processes: Maintenance Programs, Reliability/Continuing Analysis Surveillance System (CASS), Maintenance, Inspection, and Engineering Processes
- Strong mathematics knowledge
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis and probability distributions
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with multiple departments and business partners to provide solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain aircraft fleet operations statistical results to groups with diverse mathematical abilities
- Comfortable with changing priorities on short notice
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects at the same time
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Available for travel up to 15% of the time
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- High performance orientation, ability to work well under pressure, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Self-starter must have a positive attitude and strong desire for success
- Complete projects on time with minimal supervision, ability to work varied hours when necessary to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of coding
- Knowledge of SQL coding and reporting
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- Knowledge of Embraer and airbus aircraft and related systems
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s) pertaining to 121 Air Carrier operations
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Project Management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.