Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries and backed by some of the best investors in NYC and Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive and inspired work and are growing quickly! We're venture-backed; we have big ambitions, and we want you to help us achieve them.
What to expect
Breather’s engineering and product is organized in small, autonomous, self-directed teams that are empowered to solve their customers’ needs. You will be part of the InfoSys team, whose mission is to develop the internal systems used by our employees. Breather’s software is deeply enmeshed in the physical world and we strive to build systems that make our logistics, support and sales operations smoother and more efficient. As a senior backend engineer on that team, your key responsibilities will be to build develop the business logic through data models, services and REST apis.
Our stack includes:
In this role, you will:
- Build: In collaboration with your cross-functional team, you will design, build and iterate on new features that solve your customers’ problems and make them happy. You will architect backend systems that are fast, scalable and reliable, and design apis that are enjoyable to use.
- Code: At Breather, we want great developers who love and care about the craft of computer programming. You will write clean, tested, and maintainable code.
- Lead: You will help your teammates grow through example, code reviews, and mentoring.
- Plan: You will elaborate the roadmap with your teammates. As part of the backend functional team, you will help drive the long-term direction of our systems’ architecture.
You are highly motivated and enjoy programming and building things. You know how to make backend services fast, scalable, maintainable, and enjoyable to use. You care about the craft of writing clean code. You see beauty in HTTP headers and JSON output. You have a solid understanding of networking, distributed systems, and UNIX. Ideally, you will also have experience with systems-level programming, Docker, and DevOps.
In addition to experience with some of the technologies we use, you have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent
- 5 or more years in an engineering or development role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The need to keep your skillset current; a thirst for knowledge
- Links to live, on-the-web examples of your work (Github, Stack Overflow, etc.)
- You're familiar with our product and have some ideas on things you'd want to add or change
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you and benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us
- Free access to the Breather network of over 400 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog-friendly office - bring your dog to work, they’ll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!