Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries and backed by some of the best investors in NYC and Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive and inspired work and are growing quickly! We're venture-backed; we have big ambitions, and we want you to help us achieve them.
The Accounting team at Breather is looking for a Staff Accountant to support our growing sales and treasury processes. We are looking for someone who can multi-task and problem solve in a results-driven, team-oriented environment. You will help coordinate our sales process from sales order form through invoice creation ensuring accurate financial reporting along the way. Your treasury tasks will include leading our daily bank reconciliation and suggesting cash funding to our various bank accounts. Additionally, you will assist in various reconciliations during our month close.
As a Staff Accountant at Breather, you will:
- Prepare daily cash reconciliations and monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Suggest and monitor intercompany cash funding
- Review and balance intercompany activity monthly
- Monitor outstanding checks, deposits and letters of credit to provide actionable information
- Manage the billing process, including setting new clients up in our system, review sales order forms and ensuring timely, accurate invoicing
- Perform additional ad-hoc accounting and administrative tasks
Helpful Skills and Experience you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2-4 years of accounting experience
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Real estate/hospitality experience preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (vlookups, pivot tables)
- Experience with Looker a plus
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you and benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us
- Free access to the Breather network of over 400 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, they’ll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!
- A great referral program - good people know good people!