Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries and backed by some of the best investors in NYC and Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive and inspired work and are growing quickly! We're venture-backed; we have big ambitions, and we want you to help us achieve them.
What to expect
As a key member of Breather’s infrastructure engineering, you will be responsible for designing and implementing our data pipeline. You will be a force multiplier, owning the data, analysis, and knowledge infrastructure that enables us and our teammates to move faster and smarter.
As more people use Breather, we are outgrowing some of our data infrastructure, especially when it comes to data processing. You will have the opportunity to radically alter, evolve and improve our data infrastructure, bringing in new tools and technologies to help us scale.
Our technology stack includes:
- the Luigi ETL framework
In this role, you will:
- Work with the rest of the data engineering team and DevOps team to make our data pipeline ever faster and more reliable
- Work with data scientists, machine learning engineers, and other data consumers to design and build data structures that are scalable, ergonomic, and efficient for analysis;
- Work with our application engineers to bring new production models into the data warehouse
- Help transition our ETL processes from batch processing to real-time streaming
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below are a set of skills and experience that will help you succeed in this role:
- You love writing software and building things
- You enjoy making things fast and scalable
- BS/MS in the field of Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics/Analytics, or other relevant fields
- 5+ years in an engineering or development role
- 4+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL, ideally PostgreSQL
- 2+ years of Python experience (preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The need to keep your skill set current; a thirst for knowledge
- Agile. Intelligent. Ambitious. Problem-solver. Startup lover!
- Links to live, on-the-web examples of your work (Github, Stack Overflow, etc.)
- You're familiar with our product and have some ideas on things you'd want to add or change
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you and benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us
- Free access to the Breather network of over 400 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, they’ll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!