Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We're venture-backed. We're growing quickly. We have big ambitions... and we want you to help us achieve them.
Reporting to the SF Operations Manager, the Facilities Technician will manage and complete maintenance schedules and assist in space launches. In this role, you have the strong ability to think on your feet, assigning an appropriate level of urgency to specific situations and working on projects independently. You will focus on maintenance and repairs ranging from touchup paint to installing a glassboard to wall (gypsum and/or brick). You are resourceful and gifted with extraordinary attention to detail and a knack for problem solving. Your job is to make sure that all spaces are kept to the highest standards and that we surpass our members’ and guests’ expectations.
At Breather, you will:
- Ensure consistent, top quality repairs and maintenance as the Breather network grows in the San Francisco bay area.
- Regularly inspect and evaluate physical condition of Breather rooms and furniture.
- Conduct quality assurance checks and help build systems for ensuring consistent, top quality cleaning and maintenance as the Breather network grows.
- Read and follow instructions on floor plans/elevations.
- Assist in space launches with everything from assembling furniture to mounting televisions and glassboards.
- Do whatever it takes, even outside the scope of your job, to ensure that Breather runs smoothly and seamlessly.
- Enjoy new challenges, no day is ever the same.
- Have the knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize different projects and requests and multi-task as needed.
- Solutions-oriented, resourceful and able to think quickly on their feet.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and with minimal guidance.
- Scrappy, willing to get your hands dirty and spend your time both in and out of the office.
- Background in facilities is a plus, but not required.
- 2-3 years facilities, handyman, repairman, or construction experience preferred.
Great work deserves great perks!
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity.
- The Breather crew has access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage.
- We’ll provide the digital toolset and whatever else that you need to do your best work.
- Free access to the Breather network of over 200 spaces (and growing, fast!).
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events.
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team.