Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We're venture-backed. We're growing quickly. We have big ambitions... and we want you to help us achieve them.
The Payroll and Benefits Specialist will manage payroll and employee benefit programs across USA, Canada and the UK. From onboarding new hires into the company, to processing global payroll and benefits - you will be responsible for Breathers greatest asset - our people. Our aim is simply to provide a helpful and seamless process to our colleagues and have fun while doing it.
- Process payroll to ensure timely distribution to USA, Canada and UK employees
- Administer all employee files including new hire information, enrollments, changes, or terminations in our payroll/benefit system
- Review and update records for payroll/benefit program compliance (for example, statutory payroll/tax reporting)
- Review electronic timesheets verifying for attendance, hours worked and pay adjustment
- Review employee expense reports
- Perform monthly payroll reconciliations
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements
- Manage various employee group insurance programs including group health, vision, life and dental insurance
- Record and monitor leave time (vacation or sick)
- Perform routine audits to assure that benefits and payroll transactions are documented and processed per regulatory guidelines and company established pay practices and policies
- Participate in and provide support for special projects and other responsibilities, including coordinating annual open enrollment fairs, 401 (k) education sessions, and other ad-hoc finance related projects
- Cultivate and manage relationships with benefits consultants
- Build and maintain a good working knowledge of benefit legislations, industry standards and best practices, incorporating standards into processes and procedures
You are the ideal candidate because you have:
- 3+ years experience in payroll and benefits administration
- A willingness to get involved in details; strong collaboration and execution skills
- Ability to comfortably interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization
- Strong knowledge of all federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, including COBRA, FMLA, and DOL/FLSA requirements.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, under pressure with frequent deadlines
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Accounting and taxation knowledge is preferred
- Proficient in excel and other MS office programs
- Experience working in a dynamic in fast-paced environment
Great work deserves great perks!
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity.
- The Breather crew has access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage.
- We’ll provide the digital toolset and whatever else that you need to do your best work.
- Free access to the Breather network of over 300 spaces (and growing, fast!).
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events.
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team.