Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries and backed by some of the best investors in NYC and Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive and inspired work and are growing quickly! We're venture-backed; we have big ambitions, and we want you to help us achieve them.
Breather is searching for an experienced VP of Engineering to be responsible for ensuring that our vision is realized through excellence in execution.
We have a strong engineering group that supports public-facing product on three platforms; an internal administrative web application, an operational Android application for field workers, a data pipeline feeding data scientists, analysts, and operational decision-makers, and a node.js API that powers them all.
As our VP of Engineering, you will:
- Be an experienced manager of people, projects, teams, and departments, with a significant amount of management responsibility (7+ years)
- Have a strong business and product instinct
- Be in charge of day-to-day operations of the team, and therefore possess a solid handle on processes and details
- Have good “ground game” - you’re capable of dropping into the details and making things happen at a low level
- Be able to gain people’s trust and show wisdom in management and leadership
- Represent the health of the engineering team to the other senior leaders, and cultivate a thriving, collaborative culture
- Maintain an excellent, aligned relationship with your counterparts in the product organization, with the common goal of maintaining the various organizational roadmaps and producing the highest value work
- Align the development roadmap to the hiring plan, and plan out how teams need to evolve
- Work closely with the recruitment team and run the hiring process
- Serve as a coach to the engineering management team, identifying and improving existing talent
- Co-develop the technical strategy with the CTO, and develop and maintain the technical roadmap
The VP Engineering role is both big and detail-oriented. You will be the person responsible for the execution of ideas and the primary mover in the culture of our engineering organization. As a close partner to the product organization, you will report to the CTO, who is focusing on strategy, research, and the position of technology within the company.
Competitive compensation, equity, and relocation possibilities to be further discussed.
Great work deserves great perks!
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you and benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us.
- Free access to the Breather network of over 400 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, they’ll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!
- A great referral program - good people know good people!
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team.