Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We're venture-backed. We're growing quickly. We have big ambitions... and we want you to help us achieve them.
As a Backend Software Engineer you will be a key member of Breather’s engineering team. You will be responsible for designing and implementing the backend logic of our services, from the database schemas to the REST APIs to access them.
Our technology stack includes:
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Github account profile;
- Stackoverflow profile;
- Links to live, on-the-web examples of their work. :)
At Breather, you will:
- Work with our Product, Data, and other Engineering teams to conceive and design our next features and iterate upon them
- Design the schemas to represent our data
- Design and develop the business logic and their REST APIs
- Integrate with third-party APIs
- Enjoy incredible views in our two-floor Mile-End office. :)
You are highly motivated and enjoy programming and building things. You know how to make backend services fast, scalable, maintainable, and enjoyable to use. You see beauty in HTTP headers and JSON output. You have a solid understanding of networking, distributed systems, and UNIX.
Ideally you will also have experience with systems-level programming, Docker, and DevOps.
In addition to experience with some of the technologies we use, you have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 2 or more years in an engineering or development role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The need to keep your skillset current; a thirst for knowledge
Great work deserves great perks!
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity.
- The Breather crew has access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage.
- We’ll provide the digital toolset and whatever else that you need to do your best work.
- Free access to the Breather network of over 300 spaces (and growing, fast!).
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events.
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team.
Full-time salary and equity compensation based on experience.