Breather's mission is to make the world's spaces connected, accessible, and productive. We create and curate a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We're venture-backed. We're growing quickly. We have big ambitions... and we’d love your help achieving them.
The Research Team’s mandate is to generate the insights that provoke creative, meaningful, and breakthrough innovation. Our projects inform both shorter term product design decisions as well as longer term strategy. As a User Experience Researcher, you will bring qualitative research skills, creativity, deep empathy, and excellent communication skills to bear on these challenges. The Research Team is relentlessly collaborative and multidisciplinary. On a day-to-day basis you will collaborate closely with a team of qualitative researchers and data scientists, as well as Breather’s other core teams, to approach problems from a diversity of perspectives in order to generate new and exciting opportunities.
Specifically, you will work with the product, marketing, space design, operations, and executive teams to collect relevant insights and help solve some of the business’s most complex problems. The scope of our research covers the entire existing customer journey as well as possible future scenarios. One week you might find yourself conducting field ethnography and the next researching the future of human-computer interaction. Ideally you will even uncover and evangelize research, ideation, and evaluation tools that are new to the team.
The best candidate will demonstrate an unparalleled capacity to work across diverse teams with distinct workflows. You are enthusiastic, passionate, and a strong team player, who loves to share your knowledge and energy to strengthen Breather’s approach to research, design thinking, and innovation.
At Breather, you will:
- Design, scope, and execute qualitative research, including in-depth interviews, ethnography, diary-studies and surveys
- Develop research artefacts such as personas, customer journey maps, and findings/opportunity reports
- Work collaboratively with others in the Research Team to push forward team and individual research projects.
- Work with product design team to plan and conduct in-person and online user testing initiatives.
- Work with strategy, product, marketing, design, and other teams to design, scope, and execute qualitative research to help answer high level business questions.
- Research and evangelize new and under-exploited opportunities in qualitative and design research, ideation, and empathy generation.
- Support fast-moving cross-functional teams driven by a “move fast, Iterate faster” ethos.
- Help make the Research Team a beacon of effective, impactful, and fun communication.
- 2+ years experience in applied qualitative research in a business setting
- Professional experience working in a fast, iterative, collaborative environment
- Excellent storytelling skills
- Strong written and visual communication skills
- Comfortable presenting findings to stakeholders
- Strong commitment to collaborative work
- A hunger to extend and renew your skillset
Even better if you also have:
- Experience working in a start-up
- Experience working on multi-channel physical/digital projects
- High level of comfort analyzing and interpreting quantitative data
- Familiarity with core statistics concepts and methodologies
Great work deserves great perks!
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity.
- The Breather crew has access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage.
- We’ll provide the digital toolset and whatever else that you need to do your best work.
- Free access to the Breather network of over 300 spaces (and growing, fast!).
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events.
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team.