Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We're venture-backed. We're growing quickly. We have big ambitions... and we want you to help us achieve them.
This is not your standard HR role. You’ll be a leader and guardian of one of this company’s most prized assets: its people. Your core job is to solve complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions. You have built and scaled a people operations department, overseen employee development, and implemented human resources procedures company-wide. The ideal candidate will have strong entrepreneurial abilities combined with a solid HR generalist background and a command of organizational development concepts, frameworks & tools.
If you have been responsible for implementing an HRIS system, building and encouraging a culture of feedback and engagement, and managing everything to do with the employee performance, this job is for you!
- Build and scale the People Operations department while ensuring the wellbeing of the company culture.
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Establish and implement HR strategies that foster the growth of the organization and people development.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development and recognition programs.
- Understand every aspect of the business and be a thought leader on people and organizational topics.
- Partner with leaders and managers to identify broad, chronic organizational challenges or opportunities.
- Demonstrate analytical capabilities and provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
- Build strong relationships within the organization in order to communicate and align HR strategy to meet business needs.
- Monitor and measure existing policies around cross-border compliance, benefits, compensation and build on them.
- Create sustainable solutions for manager, team, and individual challenges by introducing innovative and engaging coaching and mediation techniques.
You are the ideal candidate because you:
- Have 5 years minimum experience in an HR generalist, management or business partner role.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in Human Resources Management (CHRP/SHRM designation a plus)
- Have a proven track record of strong employee relationship management, change management and team and individual development experience.
- Have broad based knowledge of human resources best practices, employment law, benefits and compensation across various states, provinces and countries.
- Are a skilled communicator with a strong ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a complex set of stakeholders to drive organizational change.
- Are highly energetic, personable, professional and resourceful, and you thrive under pressure.
This role will be based in our New York City office but will work with our employees across the US, Canada and UK!
Great work deserves great perks!
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and equity.
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage.
- We’ll provide the digital toolset and whatever else that you need to do your best work.
- Free access to the Breather network of over 300 spaces (and growing, fast!).
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events.